89 Comanche - 128K Miles - $6000 (Gastonia Nc)

Hi guys, new to the forum.  Looking for a Comanche (or perhaps the 'ol Toyota Pickup), came across this:

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/4435726509.html

I don't particularly need the toolbox, definitely don't need the sound system.  Seems kinda high though. I was thinking of offering $4k.  Just curious to see what some seasoned Comanche vets think.

Too much.  He's trying to recover what he spent.  Good looking truck, but not worth 6K IMO.  

As for the wheels, it's tough to fit aftermarket wheels on the RWD MJ's.  Gotta have a huge hub bore to clear the lip on the hub. Lots of wheels out there, but few that fit AND have the right offset.  

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm wondering if the aftermarket wheels aren't contributing to the wobble.  The rears seem to be fine, but the front shakes bad sometimes between 45-55 mph. It's intermittent though. It'll wobble for a bit, then it goes away. A mile later, it'll be back. 

Nice looking truck!  Under $3500 seems reasonable to me for a 25 year old truck in this condition.  The $6K asking price was unrealistic, IMHO.  Way too many sellers asking for the moon.  Glad you both were reasonable people.

Please post some pictures of the interior.

Congratulations on the new truck!

Thanks man! I'll get some pics of the interior tomorrow. I just got done replacing the outer window seals (the ones at the bottom that help wipe water off the outside of the window when you roll it down). The ones that were there were surely original and dry rotted. It took me a good 10 minutes to get the passenger seal out since every time I touched it the rubber fell off in my hand. Had to use two screwdrivers to pry it out. Kinda hard to hold two screwdrivers and a flashlight in one hand  :laughin:

• 2 months later...

I'd be willing to sell this one if someone wanted to buy it. The wife and I are having a baby next year, and I wouldn't mind having an extended cab pickup. I found a Mazda B2600 I'd like to get, but I'd have to sell this first. I'd sell it for what I bought it for. If I can't get that, I'll just hang onto it. I also have a set of the original Jeep "turbine" wheels. I think I'm going to swap wheels and have those put back onto the truck. 128k miles now.

Actually, the Goodyear Wranglers on the truck are 235s. Will those fit on the stock turbine wheels?

I'd be willing to sell this one if someone wanted to buy it. The wife and I are having a baby next year, and I wouldn't mind having an extended cab pickup. I found a Mazda B2600 I'd like to get, but I'd have to sell this first. I'd sell it for what I bought it for. If I can't get that, I'll just hang onto it. I also have a set of the original Jeep "turbine" wheels. I think I'm going to swap wheels and have those put back onto the truck. 128k miles now.

Actually, the Goodyear Wranglers on the truck are 235s. Will those fit on the stock turbine wheels?

Dude my heart just stopped when you mention you wanted a Mazda over a comanche....

:cry: