Renix Dead Spot And Idiling Low

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing noticeable or extreme. Just some air movement due to the rockers moving. 

I have also noticed that right after a fill up, the truck revs up good after the first start up, and then settles down to a good idle. But after awhile of driving it goes back to fluctuating at idle. And yes I have replaced my gas cap. I don't know if right after filling up would cause anything to run better for some reason. 

Well after a long drive today, I noticed the how the truck idles can vary. Sometimes at a stop the truck will idle pretty good and other times the rpms will jump around a bit and can feel a rough idle. The rough idle is not terrible like it is going to stale but defiantly noticeable.

• 2 weeks later...

Still havent been able to find a snap-on scanner but I have played with the air bleed screw some more and she seems to be running really good now! No more low idle and the idle is clean without jumping around. :rotfl2:

Thanks for all the help! I have done about everything to fix a rough idle and I hope this becomes a good reference for how to fix your idle in the future. It is a very long thread though! :thumbsup:

• 5 months later...

Still havent been able to find a snap-on scanner but I have played with the air bleed screw some more and she seems to be running really good now! No more low idle and the idle is clean without jumping around. :rotfl2:

Thanks for all the help! I have done about everything to fix a rough idle and I hope this becomes a good reference for how to fix your idle in the future. It is a very long thread though! :thumbsup:

Now that you've got yours sorted out, maybe I'll swing by and you can give me hand with mine! lol 

Now that you've got yours sorted out, maybe I'll swing by and you can give me hand with mine! lol 

And messing with that screw is certainly not a starting point.....