Renix Dead Spot And Idiling Low

I really do not think it is a fuel issue. But I am installing a fuel pressure gauge on my fuel rail sometime this week to see what my actually readings are. I also am trying to get ahold of a vacuum pressure gauge so I can also get values for vacuum at idle.

By the way.... 100 post mark! :jump: :typing:

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay folks. Finally got a hold of a vacuum gauge.

At idle I am reading between 16-20 Hg. This fluctuation I think is mainly due to the idle jumping around. But when the idle was "good" and not stumbling in the low rpms, the vacuum was 20 Hg.

I wanted to give you guys a gas pressure reading too but I bought the wrong fitting.... Ill have the reading sometime this week! 

All righty. Back with results. Sorry for the wait.

Gas pressure is 31 with vacuum and 40 without vacuum which is good. I also have 20 hg of vacuum.

So good numbers. My idle seems to be a lot better for some reason. I didnt much after all my electrical work and it kinda just went away. Id say the idle is still a little low but ill take a video and post it later!

All righty. Back with results. Sorry for the wait.

Gas pressure is 31 with vacuum and 40 without vacuum which is good. I also have 20 hg of vacuum.

So good numbers. My idle seems to be a lot better for some reason. I didnt much after all my electrical work and it kinda just went away. Id say the idle is still a little low but ill take a video and post it later!

I'm assuming you cleaned the throttle body, adjusted your TPS on the engine side, and tightened up your intake manifold bolts? Checked your O2 sensor yet? 

So my fuel pressure when running is 32 and when i shut the truck off it goes to 39. Then after 35 minutes the pressure goes to zero. I know the pressure should hold for at least an hour so its possible i have leaking fuel injector(s). I might take them off and ultrasonically clean them at my work and see what that does

So my fuel pressure when running is 32 and when i shut the truck off it goes to 39. Then after 35 minutes the pressure goes to zero. I know the pressure should hold for at least an hour so its possible i have leaking fuel injector(s). I might take them off and ultrasonically clean them at my work and see what that does

Ditch the stock injectors and get some 0 280 155 746 injectors from a volvo. Ebay even. 

Okay! Ultrasonic cleaned volvo 746 fuel injectors installed and now shes running a bit smoother! Good news. Better throttle response and smoother power through the rpms. I can still feel the mis sometimes though. The fuel gauge seems to fluctuate 2 psi or so and when the pressure drops so does the rpms. Maybe fuel pressure regulator?

Well I can't exactly check while I'm driving since the gauge is in the engine compartment but when I increased throttle via throttle body the fuel pressure increased from the 31psi at idle to around 35 psi. Then pressure stayed there as I held the throttle steady but there was still slight movement by 1 psi. There is more movement at idle.

Well I can't exactly check while I'm driving since the gauge is in the engine compartment but when I increased throttle via throttle body the fuel pressure increased from the 31psi at idle to around 35 psi. Then pressure stayed there as I held the throttle steady but there was still slight movement by 1 psi. There is more movement at idle.

That's okay. Does it go to 39 when you pull the vac hose off the fuel pressure regulator though?