Jim's 88 Mj Pioneer, "the Beast"

Well I've replaced all the bulbs and for some reason my parking lights don't come on. If I pull the bulb out of the lenses it is extremely dim. Turn signals and flashers are fine its just the parking lights. Any ideas?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

out the trans back in the 86. Keeping my fingers crossed that it will all work when I bleed the clutch tomorrow. Next thing to do will be the brakes so I can drive it around a bit before I decide to either part it or sell it or keep it. Paint on the beast has been put on the backburmer for now amd I put the dog house together and put the fog lights on it. Will post those pictures soon.

• 3 weeks later...

The Beast and i had a proud moment over the weekend. I went to a local car show and as i pulled in there was a guy and a couple of his friends that came running across the parking lot and asked if they could take pictures of my Comanche because they had never seen one before. Made me feel pretty good! 

took a day trip to jasper Georgia from Birmingham to pick up some interior pieces yesterday . 2 pairs of bucket seats one pair of Comanche seats one pair of Cherokee seats a Cherokee center console and a Comanche headliner.

Cherokee seats and console

Comanche seats

All taken apart to swap the brackets and clean them up

cleaning the carpet before the new seats go in

Before

After

Now the interior looks so much better and is a lot more comfortable. The only issue i have is the position of the steering wheel is annoying since i don't have a tilt column. That will be changed eventually though.

I think the roll bar makes the truck. I can't wait to convert it to 4x4. I think I'm going to get MT springs from hells creek. But i also want to give the truck about 2-3 inches of lift

• 4 weeks later...

The beast is now back on the road. Ive been driving this truck almost a year and based on how my brakes are now and the locked up wheel cylinders, I don't think I ever had rear brakes. Oops. Although the truck did sit for 12 years

Okay so now the brakes are done and its running good, now to takle the problem of my curtousy lights. They have new bulbs I'm them, the fuses are all good but the interior lights don't work. I also have been contemplating on putting in the foot well lights. Anyone ever do this and have input or have any ideas on my b-piller light problem?

Well finally got my b-pillar lights working. I think its a problem with tue fixture. Installed my footwell lights and I'm thinking about installing the cargo light I got off my parts truck but I'm not sure how well it will work with my roll bar.

Today was a busy day for the Beast. Figured out what was wrong with the fuel gauge, changed the oil in the rear diff, and swapped my non-opening corner windows in the door for the opening vent windows out of my parts truck.

Looks like I'm breaking out the soldering iron

diff looks good but its only got 117xxx

The "big project for today, wasn't as bad as i anticipated

Old Windows

New Windows