Removing Tcm Harness

Anyone have any tips or write-ups on removing the AW4 TCM harness from the main engine harness for a '90 Renix 4.0?  Since I've got it bolted to a AX15, I know that jumping the pins for the NSS is necessary for starting the engine, but I don't want unnecessary plugs/harness all under the hood.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Mount a switch under the seat, under the dash, some inconspicous incunspicous, unobvious  unnoticeable place. Instead of jumping the plug run two wires to the switch. Have to flip the switch, or use a push button to start the engine. Sort of an anti theft device. Wish I could find out what happened to my dictionary. LOL

You don't need to

Just remove the TCM, or the fuse for it, then cut the NSS harness off of the switch itself, and wire that to your ax15's NSS and reverse light plugs and call it a day. keeps it looking factory.

The engine harness for an ax15 still has the extra TCM plug for the TPS anyways, it's just not used.

You don't need to

Just remove the TCM, or the fuse for it, then cut the NSS harness off of the switch itself, and wire that to your ax15's NSS and reverse light plugs and call it a day. keeps it looking factory.

The engine harness for an ax15 still has the extra TCM plug for the TPS anyways, it's just not used.

The AX15 has a NSS?  :hmm:  You're not referring to the clutch safety switch, are you?  (Which my '86 doesn't have one of those either).

You don't need to

The AX15 has a NSS?  You're not referring to the clutch safety switch, are you?  (Which my '86 doesn't have one of those either).

Wut..? No manual has a NSS thats an auto thing and I beleive no MJs have a clutch safety switch either (my 92 doesnt and I think it was 97 they started having them)

My '87 had the clutch safety switch. First wiring "fix" I did when I got the truck was bypass that. (my slave cylinder had gone out and I was synchro driving to and from work in Bellevue, WA till I remembered my Uncle Red telling me that Crisco cooking oil or similar was thicker and didn't leak. I filled it only 3 times then didn't need to do it again until after the pilot bearing seized itself to the trans input shaft making my truck jump forward and nearly plow into the new Mercedes that was in front of me.

That said, $60 gets the known good Renix engine harness for manual trans delivered in the US (complete up to the C101 connector) Not sure where I put the other part but I plan to make a quick connect for HO wiring swap from it.

My '87 had the clutch safety switch. First wiring "fix" I did when I got the truck was bypass that. (my slave cylinder had gone out and I was synchro driving to and from work in Bellevue, WA till I remembered my Uncle Red telling me that Crisco cooking oil or similar was thicker and didn't leak. I filled it only 3 times then didn't need to do it again until after the pilot bearing seized itself to the trans input shaft making my truck jump forward and nearly plow into the new Mercedes that was in front of me.

That said, $60 gets the known good Renix engine harness for manual trans delivered in the US (complete up to the C101 connector) Not sure where I put the other part but I plan to make a quick connect for HO wiring swap from it.

Thanks, but I'm not in need of the harness.  I have everything already ran and installed for my particular application with exception of the aforementioned backup light switch.  But perhaps someone else may need this.