2007 Camp Jeep

ridenlow12

Hey guys are any of you planning on coming to Virginia for Camp Jeep this summer. My office is about 1 mile down the road from where it is being held. I could possibly help with locating what avalible lodging is left for the event. Hope to see some comanches rolling through my town! :bowdown: :USAflag:

Camp Jeep is an event put on by DCX and is very family based. I have run the trails at Oak Ridge On the VA4wDA Annual run. Most of the trails are easy. There are a few exceptions. They are CJ5 hill, gets slick as all getout especially if you are at the end of the line, and Upper 3, Especially if you take the stupid crazy line. Finnley's ridge is a nice tight trail, lot of technical driving

It's like Jeep 101 on steroids. Massive quantities of soccer-mom type people who accidently found themselves owning Jeeps and need a controlled environment to pretend they take their "truck" off-road.

Lots of people, lots of noisy kids, lots of DaimlerChrysler hype, okay food -- and obscenely expensive for what is, in essence, a day and a half of heavily-controlled trail riding.

Can i bring my 2wd JK? and talk to the people who work for DC about putting a sliding rear door on the JKL

I suppose you could, but the admission price is like 245 bucks, and the lodging options in and around there is limited, so if you plan on going I would make reservations now.

So you don't really "Camp" Jeep then? Just stay in a hotel & Jeep?

I thought you'd at least get camping rights for the weekend of the event or something (if you're gonna pay that much you should get an all-inclusive hotel stay though...)

Its all day Thur, Fri, And Sat. It has 17 different trails unless there is another added in the next month. There used to be 1 or 2 hard trails and now I think they have evolved into 4-5 hard trails and a bunch more intermediate trails. There are places to camp nearby and you could camp in the Geroge Washington National forest which is nearby if you like. There are also alot of fun things to do at Camp. Trail rides usually end up being at least one a day so you have time to enjoy the Camp and talk to the engineers and see and DRIVE the new model Jeeps before they hit the Showroom floor. Trail rides are in your vehicle and they new models are driven on a set course but it is still fun. Yes it is expensive, but they do have some good things going on. Tim McGraw is doing a concert for all those who attend to open the show and they usually have a big name do a show to close. Plus you can get Jeep stuff cheap like jeep brand t-shirts will end up being sold for like $1-$2. There is much more but you have to be there.

They haven't found a buyer yet, but GM is looking at it as well as a few Private Equity firms. From all the reports I have seen and read, Chrysler is saddled with debt from its retirees, and some say the outstanding pensions are more then what the company is worth :eek:

I went to Jeep Camp last time it was in Virgina 2004 I believe. I was completely green to all things Jeep and it was a decent introduction. My wife even let me wheel the 2003 WJ. It was basically day camp for adults with everything from a ropes course to motocross exhibitions. Overall it was a good experience. I think my wife would go again. I can picture our camp ground. Nice spot but I will have to ask my wife the name of it if anyone is interested.