New Non-Comanche Section

jage

Do Cheromanches count as Comanches?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Do Cheromanches count as Comanches?

• Absolutely
    • Yes, but not REAL Comanches
    • Only if a real Comanche bed is added
    • Sure, as long as the back is closed with a Comanche style rear glass.
    • Only if its 4 door because you couldn't get that in a factory MJ
    • I don't know
    • No, but they're still cool
    • No way, the only Comanche is a factory Comanche
    • What's a Cheromanche?

Hey I was thinking last night about a question on my TJ and I know other people build or have other Jeeps or 4x4s that aren't Comanche's, and that this is just about the greatest group of people on the net, then it hit me...

there should be a section for talking about other vehicles on comancheClub.

Here's how I see it- add one section: "Other Jeeps and 4x4s" where members could discuss TJs, Grands, Toyotas, tow-rigs, etc.

The breakdown would be like immediate family and distant relative... MJs, Gladiators, Cheromanches, and the front half of uncut XJs would be under the existing Comanche club forum categories and everything else and the purely rear half of XJs would be under "Other Jeeps and 4x4s".

Ironically I can't remember the question that I wanted to ask you all about my TJ because I started thinking about the forum and how funny a graphic of half a cherokee in each category would be, and whether Cheromanches count as Comanches.

we don't need another car section on comancheclub.com; it's called comancheclub for a reason!

...and a cheromanche is NOT a comanche. it's cool as sh*t but not a comanche.

ya wanna talk about other stuff...use the pub and keep the site simple so we can actually navigate it...I have been using naxja lately and it's simply TOO MUCH...i mean, honestly, i just want to see exactly what we have here and be able to comprehend it.

I agree, keep this site Comanche ONLY! there are a ton of other jeep sites to visit, but only a few that arent.

Honestly, if you start adding sections for other jeeps... I WILL build a new site and forum for comanchees ONLY.

I stopped frequenting Naxja for that very reason.. Mods moving your post cause it wasnt "hardcore fabbing" I don't know whats more hardcore chopping your frame and building an exo, or making your own Long arms :roll: That is the other reason why I stopped going to JF, to much crap to wade through.

Oh I agree, 95%... that's why I only suggested one more category, and even that we can clearly, and clearly would rather, do without.

The local BB/Offroad club has 41 category and about 45 active club members. Even if you expand it to the 150 registered members on the site, that's like 3 members per category. It's crazy bad... (what's worse is you can't even get email or any kind of notification or list of your posts or responses).

Which are some of the reasons I like CC so much... but really it's the people who come round. Maybe it's the rarity of the comanche, maybe the simplicity of the forum, maybe it's just that people here still think a posted photo of faded slightly rusty stock MJ deserves "hey, that's a good looking comanche"... because you know they're ALL good looking.