One Good Thing Deserves Another.....and Another!!!

Mountain Dude

Last fall I bought my first Comanche

Image Not Found

1986 LWB 2WD, 2.5L AX-5

Today I picked up # 2

Image Not Found

1988 SWB 2WD, 4.0 BA10/5

Image Not Found

With a cool (Pun intended) hood

Image Not Found

And

Number 3

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

1991 SWB 2WD 4.0 AX-15

Was damaged in the front frame area around the steering box mounts.

The red / yellow one is partly converted to 4WD, front axle is in and I have the matching XJ D44 to modify and put in the back. AX-15 / NP231 combo is sitting under a 1991 donor XJ in the yard too.  It is a little rusty, OK a lot rusty, so the blue truck will be donating some parts to it as well as a few parts to complete Comanche #1

$1000 for two plus a bunch of spare parts

Habit forming? Yes! this makes a total of 8 Jeeps in the yard

1955 Willys CJ3B

1973 J4000

1986 Comanche

1988 Comanche

1991 Cherokee

1991 Comanche

2005 TJ

2010 Patriot - wife's jeep

4 of them are driveable so .500 is good isn't it? At least in baseball!

Patriot is an excellent SUV!  Good on gas, comfortable, lots of room, all wheel drive and CVT work well. So well in fact, that the traction control almost never comes on in the winter on icy / snowy roads.

The red truck's tail gate is getting fixed and will be going on the black and white one.

The "wooden bed" is sort of a box liner that was popular for a while around here. I will have to pull it out and see what's left of the box underneath it.

Save your pennies. Eventualy you WILL be replacing that CVT. As a dealer tech I hate those things. They are inefficient and have little long term reliability. They are  Nissan design, and Nissan has the same problems with them, Chyrsler stopped using them this year for all those reasons. They are now using a Hyundai 6 speed auto in its place that is getting good reviews from Chryslers tech people and trainers.

The second they announced the CVT with the compass, I thought: "Well, that's a terrible idea.  But, I suppose that people concerned with 'shift shock' don't mind that an overzealous rubber band is all that's connecting their motor to their wheels."

Glad they got away from it.

Patriot is an excellent SUV! Good on gas, comfortable, lots of room, all wheel drive and CVT work well. So well in fact, that the traction control almost never comes on in the winter on icy / snowy roads.

The red truck's tail gate is getting fixed and will be going on the black and white one.

The "wooden bed" is sort of a box liner that was popular for a while around here. I will have to pull it out and see what's left of the box underneath it.

We are picking up a 2014 Patriot Latitude Wednesday after rust proofing and some other $#!&. Looking forward to seeing how it works out!