Any One Using: Terra 2 Low, Novak Cable Shift?

I"m looking to acquire a terra 2 lo for the comanche.   It's a cheaper alternative for my intended purpose, however i was wondering if anyone on here is running one?    Did you upgrade anything else while in there?  Hate or love it?  Problems?

Did you have issues with it popping out of gear or did you just buy the novak shift lever?   Did you use their lever style one or the "new"  cable shift?   Anyone using the cable shift?  Reviews?

http://www.novak-adapt.com/catalog/shifters/sk2xc.htm

I was debating on a slip yoke eliminator at the same time, but i'm only SOA so i don't think it's needed. Plus I don't want to cut and turn the rear axle mounts and i don't think a double double cardan is advisable on the rear with such a long shaft.   Wedges are out of the picture in my opinion as I'd actually like a lower lift.      I'd love to have found a decent set of spring under that would have lifted me 4" and been MT prior to my SOA with the D44 and MT springs.

If you still have a D30 with the disconnect why bother with a Tera 2 lo kit?  Just rig a manual disconnect for the front axle, put the t-case in 4 low, disconnect the front axle and.... 2 low!!  I've been running my MJ like that for 3 yrs now cuz I love having 2 low.  It's a whole lot cheaper way to go and works just as good!!  :thumbsup:

Larry

If you still have a D30 with the disconnect why bother with a Tera 2 lo kit?  Just rig a manual disconnect for the front axle, put the t-case in 4 low, disconnect the front axle and.... 2 low!!  I've been running my MJ like that for 3 yrs now cuz I love having 2 low.  It's a whole lot cheaper way to go and works just as good!!  :thumbsup:

Larry

I've got an auto locker in the front so i end up with 3x4 and it's hops very badly and i'm afraid it may cause even more damage running it that way.

I run the 2lo.  While I was in there I upgraded to the wide chain setup and a 6-gear planetary.  There is also a 4-gear planetary that is a slight upgrade from Jeep's 3-gear.  Most of the parts are available in other t-cases like the 231c, 233c, 231d, 231hd.

The 2lo works great, no issues and well worth the money.  I also run a front spool in my disco d44 with a manual disconnect.  So I'll often rock 3lo and 2lo.

I run the 2lo. While I was in there I upgraded to the wide chain setup and a 6-gear planetary. There is also a 4-gear planetary that is a slight upgrade from Jeep's 3-gear. Most of the parts are available in other t-cases like the 231c, 233c, 231d, 231hd.

The 2lo works great, no issues and well worth the money. I also run a front spool in my disco d44 with a manual disconnect. So I'll often rock 3lo and 2lo.

I was looking into the 6 gear planetary too. But it seems it was only on some models of the 231d. If i were still living near the pick and pulls i'd just go split them open at the Jy until I found one. Any suggestions on specific years they were in?

did you retain the 4x4 light some how? I couldn't feel a spot for the 4x4 switch above the selector.

• 4 weeks later...

Can a person love an upgrade?   The Novak shifter is awesome!!!   I've become a spokes person for them after only playing with it in my yard.   It's great no more poping out of 4x4 when the motor/ trany combo twist and move.   And shifting is so smooth.  You don't' have three clunks.  It's no wonder when you're removing 4 fulcrums and 3 lever arms.   Everyone should get one of these!!!

Definitely works better on the 231 than the 242, as has been previously described it is tough to get it right without modification on the 242. Mine struggled to get from 2wd to 4 lo or even neutral until I drilled the lever to shorten the throw

Can a person love an upgrade?   The Novak shifter is awesome!!!   I've become a spokes person for them after only playing with it in my yard.   It's great no more poping out of 4x4 when the motor/ trany combo twist and move.   And shifting is so smooth.  You don't' have three clunks.  It's no wonder when you're removing 4 fulcrums and 3 lever arms.   Everyone should get one of these!!!

Definitely works better on the 231 than the 242, as has been previously described it is tough to get it right without modification on the 242. Mine struggled to get from 2wd to 4 lo or even neutral until I drilled the lever to shorten the throw

I have a terralow 4:1 with 2low, going into the 87, do you have any pics of how the shifter goes through the floor and what did you use for a boot?

Pretty sure I will be buying the cable kit because why stop now when the TC cost nearly a grand anyway?