Wow 14500?????

Bmoore2

:rotf: when I first saw the title of this thread I thought it was a comment on my post count...

...then I realized it was too small. :ack:

even the land speed record-setting MJ only went for 8 grand. 

No no no, we use completely non-related obscure titles when we talk things about you Pete. :cheers:

If it was a full frame-off resto it would cost quite a bit, but that would mostly be on his own dime and unless you get extremely lucky you can't expect to make even half that back. For an old '51 IH pickup, full frame-off resto, we were recently quoted at least 20k on top of a 5k very good condition truck. Seems pretty pointless on an MJ though when I've seen near mint original ones go for 2k, just depends who owns it and how crazy they are I guess.

No no no, we use completely non-related obscure titles when we talk things about you Pete. :cheers:

If it was a full frame-off resto it would cost quite a bit, but that would mostly be on his own dime and unless you get extremely lucky you can't expect to make even half that back. For an old '51 IH pickup, full frame-off resto, we were recently quoted at least 20k on top of a 5k very good condition truck. Seems pretty pointless on an MJ though when I've seen near mint original ones go for 2k, just depends who owns it and how crazy they are I guess.

Explain a full "frame off" restoration of a  Comanche to me? :hmm:  ;)

how is it a "full restore" if it has XJ interior in it...one big givaway is the center console, where's the parking brake? oh right...its a foot pedal on MJ's...and a hand lever on XJ's

MJs came with full consoles from the factory.  And being that this is a Laredo, it's not at all surprising that it would have one.  Also, no difference between XJ and MJ consoles.

how is it a "full restore" if it has XJ interior in it...one big givaway is the center console, where's the parking brake? oh right...its a foot pedal on MJ's...and a hand lever on XJ's

Also, no difference between XJ and MJ consoles.

that strikes me as a little odd.

just looked in my jeep pron books from the dealship options, only pioneers and eliminators had the option of the full center console.

uh... maybe half frame-off resto is more fitting? It's not a full unibody since the bed comes off, so that's what I was getting at. The cab obviously would have to be turned and just sprayed and whatnot from underneath.

Both Eliminators I had came with a center console. More than likely though it could have been a check box option the original owner wanted. The '86 I just bought is only an X I think (need to check for sure with the VIN) but looks like an XLS with all the chrome and everything on it that my other X I had didn't have. The key reason I think it was just check boxes ticked off is that it has steel wheels and not turbines like a true XLS.

uh... maybe half frame-off resto is more fitting? It's not a full unibody since the bed comes off, so that's what I was getting at. The cab obviously would have to be turned and just sprayed and whatnot from underneath.

Both Eliminators I had came with a center console. More than likely though it could have been a check box option the original owner wanted. The '86 I just bought is only an X I think (need to check for sure with the VIN) but looks like an XLS with all the chrome and everything on it that my other X I had didn't have. The key reason I think it was just check boxes ticked off is that it has steel wheels and not turbines like a true XLS.

my 86 comanche x has the 2.8, ax5, black interior, bench seat, aluminum wheels, and chrome everywhere