Time to buy some floor pans! that's a tall Jeep son.

Actually cutting the floors out of my totaled cherokee to fab in. It's slightly different but will be easy enough to fit. I see you're from NE Ilinois, where at exactly? I lived in Joliet for 5 years

• 1 month later...

Phew, it's been a while since I've updated this. Been a lot of tiny things happening here and there, nothing really all that great. I'll just list the big things:

-Got rid of all of the old interior stuff I had from this and my Cherokee and got a full, untouched, mint black interior from an MJ at the local yard for FREE

-Ordered and received my trans cooler and floor pan off of amazon

I'll be posting pictures this weekend with a surprise I'm sure you guys will enjoy :brows:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It's been far too long. Being a high school senior, working part time, and running cross country sure throws a lot at ya. Well, I had some free time this week/weekend finally. I was able to snag a radiator, rad support, some hoses, and some bedliner yesterday. Also got a 97+ header for free, no lights or grilles; but it was free so why not, right?

My dad has finally been helping me out since he has more free time than I do currently. We got the whole driver's floor done. He mocked up the heater core for me so he can weld in the patch in the firewall needed to clear the engine. We have the cab and engine harnesses connected as well now.

I'm also going to be grabbing some paint from OverlandZJ on CF, anybody wanna guess the color this thing's gonna be?

The plans for all the free time I'm getting this next week or two is as follows:

-Get some body filler down on the passenger floor to clean up some minor rust the mess of patch panels

-Hole cut for the wiring harness in the firewall

-Have my dad weld in the patch

-Bedline the floor, firewall, and back wall of the cab

-Install the dash and run the full wiring harness

-Run all of the hoses and finish up the small engine things

-Modify the front rad/hood support structure and get my radiator in

-Install driveshafts and misc things

-Hope the test fire goes well

Wish me luck fellas, it'll be a big next couple of weeks

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also going to be grabbing some paint from OverlandZJ on CF, anybody wanna guess the color this thing's gonna be?

And get rid of those beautiful stripes?!  :eek:

I knew someone would say something. Sadly, the stripes were pretty faded and beaten up on the bed, and cracking all over the doors. The doors are now half doors that need finishing up. I need to update my pictures on here. A LOT has happened since I last posted any pictures. Frame is being coated this weekend and I'll be redoing my brakes to ditch the unusable rear load sensing valve. I'm going with a ZJ prop valve

• 1 month later...

Well, as my intermittent postings go, I figured I'd give this thread a much needed update. I've been trying to get as much done on it with my crazy busy schedule and also helping a buddy of mine do a VG swap in his 95 Hardbody(quite different looking at foreign powertrains).

I've been taking some big steps in getting this thing closer to the final assembly. The cab floor/ceiling is bedlined. Wiring harness is fully run, currently test fitting everything with the dash in, then taking it out to use some rust preventing paint on the metal parts of the dash. Also finally began sanding down the cab so I can get it primed and painted and can put in the door seals and assemble the interior fully. It's a good feeling seeing all of that crappy black spray paint job finally going away on the body.