fiatslug87

Opinions On These Lifts

The BDS looks more complete for its lift height.

The zone you will still need shocks and should get an adjustable trac bar.

Here's what i've been looking at lately.

http://www.experimentalinsanity.com/vehicle/resources/mj-lift.html

(won't have money for it for awhile) :(

That kit won't work very well if you plan to go offroad. It uses weak stock arms and unbraced drop brackets.

You figure $575 then add shipping cost then add quality adjustable arms and drop bracket braces you will probably be over a grand.

I just bought a set of Rubicon Express front springs 4.5" for $75. I got them from Mudflaps dot com.

The R.E. adjustable trac bar from them also for way cheaper than anyone else. I think it is free shipping also. Hard to beat that! I'd source out the parts seperately. You can save a ton on money that way. Like for the front shocks. If you add 4" lift, then just get some shocks that fit a TJ with 4" lift. There are tons of choices.

I doubt TJ shocks would even be close to long enough. Especially the rear.

Not stock TJ shocks. Shocks for a 4" lifted TJ. They are a perfect fit. And yes, I only stated for the fronts.

3.5"-4" TJ fron shocks do cross to a 4.5"-5" MJ/XJ shock. They are the same part number.

What I'm not understanding is why would you look up a shock for a TJ rather then for an MJ/XJ?

3.5"-4" TJ fron shocks do cross to a 4.5"-5" MJ/XJ shock. They are the same part number.

What I'm not understanding is why would you look up a shock for a TJ rather then for an MJ/XJ?

I had the shocks left over from when I installed new Bilsteins on my Rubicon. I was just surprised they fit so nicely, so I was just passing along the information.