Opinions On These Lifts

Here's what i've been looking at lately.

http://www.experimentalinsanity.com/vehicle/resources/mj-lift.html

(won't have money for it for awhile) :(

That kit won't work very well if you plan to go offroad. It uses weak stock arms and unbraced drop brackets.

You figure $575 then add shipping cost then add quality adjustable arms and drop bracket braces you will probably be over a grand.

I just bought a set of Rubicon Express front springs 4.5" for $75. I got them from Mudflaps dot com.

The R.E. adjustable trac bar from them also for way cheaper than anyone else. I think it is free shipping also. Hard to beat that! I'd source out the parts seperately. You can save a ton on money that way. Like for the front shocks. If you add 4" lift, then just get some shocks that fit a TJ with 4" lift. There are tons of choices.

3.5"-4" TJ fron shocks do cross to a 4.5"-5" MJ/XJ shock. They are the same part number.

What I'm not understanding is why would you look up a shock for a TJ rather then for an MJ/XJ?

I had the shocks left over from when I installed new Bilsteins on my Rubicon. I was just surprised they fit so nicely, so I was just passing along the information.