Anyone Running Dot 5

wondering if anyone is running dot 5 in either their brakes or clutch? Improvements? Fall Backs?

I know about the hydro and hygroscopic differences. Just wondering if anyone has had a "bad" experience.

I'll be replacing the clutch at the same time just because I'm there, even though the clutch is still good. I wish i had the external slave.

wondering if anyone is running dot 5 in either their brakes or clutch? Improvements? Fall Backs?

I know about the hydro and hygroscopic differences. Just wondering if anyone has had a "bad" experience.

I'll be replacing the clutch at the same time just because I'm there, even though the clutch is still good. I wish i had the external slave.

I'm using Dot 5 in brakes and clutch. No problems so far after a few months. I bought the wilwood fluid (expensive!) from Jegs as no one around here stocked it that I could find.

Military vehicles use it,

so I was just reading up on it the other day (I have a mil vehicle w/o brakes)

A complaint I read was if water/moisture does get in the system,

since it isn't absorbed,

it collects at the lowest point of the system, and rots the wheel cylinders,

or freezes, and causes problems that way.

I have no experience with it, beyond reading this ^^

And these are 50-60 year old, sometimes neglected vehicles they were discussing,

so take it with a grain of salt.

I guess if there were water in the system, bleeding the brakes would send any that collected at the bottom out first.

I have yet to pull the nonworking 60 year old brake drums off my 'new' truck,

but I am expecting rust lol.