1986 Comanche Xls Resto

Dropping the turbines off this morning to be blasted and powder coated silver metallic. Sold the rubicon wheels / 33s 

Going to lower the truck down a bit. 

AC was working great when I parked the truck in November. Guess I have a leak somewhere because it’s not working now. Sucks everything was brand new, custom lines etc. held fine for almost a year. I will leak test it next week maybe 

IMG_6185.jpeg

IMG_6201.jpeg

IMG_6203.jpeg

Well, got some disappointing news today. The wheels got blasted and they are in really bad shape. Tons of pitting and imperfections. All 5 wheels are rough, to the point the shop said repairing them would be more than they are worth. I told them to get them as smooth as they can and it is what it is. 

I'm hoping to have the finished product close to the bottom picture. We will see 😞

image000000.jpeg.e76053f38164ec821df2567000fc624d.jpeg

image000000.jpeg

image000001.jpeg

IMG_6345.jpeg

I've had 2 sets of Turbines restored by a professional wheel shop.   Both were pitted similar to yours and the came out great.   After blasting them, they sprayed them silver and then turned them in a lathe to remove the pits and bring back the shine.   They only took off what they had to and it wasn't much.   The final step was to clear coat them.  

The cost was $125 CDN per wheel; less than $95 USD.   If you get the wheels cheap enough that's a good deal when you consider what modern wheels cost. 

20-09-27 8.JPG

20-10-23 2.JPG