Interests On Group By For Smsheadliners Custom Made Headliners For The Comanche

a1500ram

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do you have tan?

i only have one hanger on the side. is this a problem?

dave

I do have tan...more than likely Doeskin/Beige for the 88 model. I don't understand that "you only have one hanger on the side"?

Please explain a little further, do you have the A pillar trim that goes over the top of the door? The metal piece the side edge of the headliner sits in?

Steve

He's probably referring to the small piece of bent metal that the OEM headliner rests above each door. I got my headliner in last night, finally, and I'm not sure that those metal pieces are necessary for this headliner because it's a much tighter fit than OEM. Once I had the front held up with the sunvisors, the sides had to be pushed into place and the headliner held itself there. The trim piece that goes over top will be enough to hold it in place. I believe those clips were there because the OEM headliner is an exact fit and will keep falling on your head until you put the plastic trim pieces on.

I have already gotten notice on the shipment of my headliner.

(paypal was sent Saturday morning) any way you cut it that is absolutely awsome service!!

cudos and thanks to you sir!

simply outstanding.

Buffalo b.

Your headliner panel shipped out on Monday along with 2 others.

Steve

This is great, I was going to use a "universal" replacement kit i bought off (rainforest) but when i started to remove the plastic trim and the visors, half of my backerboard cracked and turned to dust. The not so great part is that I don't get paid until thursday next week, and registration is coming up so I guess i'll be waiting to order one from you until then.

I made a medium blue Comanche headliner 3-4 mos ago that was suppose to have went to. Bermuda. At the same time I had made a black one going out west.

The two orders got mixed up and the black one went to bermuda and the blue one went west.

My customer in Bermuda liked the black one and I had to make another for my customer out west.

I will sell the medium blue one fo $75 just to free up space. Price includes shipping. Medium blue is a light greyish blue.

PM me with an email address if you want it or want me to send you a photo sample of the color.

Steve

SOLD!

Steve,

Just purchased an '88 Comanche and need to get in on your headliner offer. The Jeep interior color code is "6" which is called "Tan" as the original color. I will need the material for the sun visors.

I am on PayPal at TValen@aol.com. I have gone to your website to review your offering. Requirement is not urgent, but would appreciate knowing when you expect to make and ship for my planning. I may need to have you delay as I will not be available to receive for a few weeks in Feb.

Thanks,

TValen@aol.com

Steve,

I can't afford to buy even more truck stuff right now, but when I can afford it (hopefully in a few weeks) I would like to get my headliner replaced. I've done a lot of work on my truck recently and the headliner is definitely an eyesore with the rest of my interior in pretty good shape! I'm not sure but I think the color is Medium Gray. It seems like a pretty common color.

SNgpaBVl.jpg

I'll try to keep you posted. If I can place the order before the end of February, I'll send you a PM with the relevant info.

Where do you find the code for the jeep interior color? I believe I have the Maroon but it could be dark Red, Wine or Burgandy.

Steve. Do you also make them for the sun roof?

I do make them for the sun roof but I need to see a photo of the sun roof from the inside to make sure it is the same design I created my template from.

If it is a Dark Red interior, it is more than likely Cordovan.

Steve,

I can't afford to buy even more truck stuff right now, but when I can afford it (hopefully in a few weeks) I would like to get my headliner replaced. I've done a lot of work on my truck recently and the headliner is definitely an eyesore with the rest of my interior in pretty good shape! I'm not sure but I think the color is Medium Gray. It seems like a pretty common color.

SNgpaBVl.jpg

I'll try to keep you posted. If I can place the order before the end of February, I'll send you a PM with the relevant info.

I believe the color choice is correct Medium Grey. I will be waiting on your pm to let me know when your ready.

Steve

Steve,

Just purchased an '88 Comanche and need to get in on your headliner offer. The Jeep interior color code is "6" which is called "Tan" as the original color. I will need the material for the sun visors.

I am on PayPal at TValen@aol.com. I have gone to your website to review your offering. Requirement is not urgent, but would appreciate knowing when you expect to make and ship for my planning. I may need to have you delay as I will not be available to receive for a few weeks in Feb.

Thanks,

TValen@aol.com

Email sent from SMSheadliners@windstream.net with photo samples

Steve

I received my Cordovan headliner yesterday.

Packaging was excellent, headliner looks perfect, though I don't have my MJ here to match the color up.

Thanks Steve for the speedy delivery, and nice job building & packaging it! :yes:

I don't believe this. Never really thought about the headliner other than noted the fact that a couple were missing one. Was out checking on colors for Sam and out of 13 MJ'S only 3 had headliners. IF I had the money I'd be placing a order for 10 headliners, But I don't.

One had a solution, kind of.

One had the board missing and the cab roof painted to match.

Sam. This is the color I want. Looks like more of a Dark Red.

Sun Roof

Jim,

The sun roof looks to be the same design as the one I used to create my template. It looks as if the opening is flush to the window though.

On the sun roof I made a headliner for, there was a rubber seal that was in place on the inner perimeter of the opening. The headliner material tucked into the groove the rubber seal sat in.

I would press the seal in over the headliner material. Finish product did not show any exposed screws along the frame. Though in order to do it this way, the headliner opening was approx 1-11/2" bigger than the sun roof opening.

One thing concerns me...is the sun roof leaking? If it doesn't, then it should not be a problem. I could make the headliner as I originally mentioned with the opening bigger so the material can tuck into the seal grove or I can cut it small but this will cause you to have to trim the opening to fit like this one.

The color does look to be Cordovan. I was going to email you a photo sample of the medium blue. Did you by chance see it in the email I sent to you inadvertantly?

Steve