Posi

Is it the Dana 44?, or it has been upgraded. I think the 1 ton came with Dana 44 w/limited slip, not sure. The older posi's can be a bit of a problem with the clutch packs in there, you get a poping sound when making a tight turn...

My Pioneer has a 44 with limited slip.

Is it the Dana 44?, or it has been upgraded. I think the 1 ton came with Dana 44 w/limited slip, not sure. The older posi's can be a bit of a problem with the clutch packs in there, you get a poping sound when making a tight turn...

If you're getting any "ratcheting" on turns, it means you need to add friction modifier to the gear lube. That's not really a "problem" in my book, because it proves that the limited slip clutches aren't worn out and that they still have some grab left in them.

I've heard this a lot. I don't get any popping sound making tight turns. I've tried to make the popping sounds with it. My D44 has new gears, new clutch packs with correct diff fluid and additive. :hmm: