Diesel Mj On Ebay

Man I want this so bad. I'm in Detroit so it's not too far away, but me being a 17 year old about to go to college, I don't have cash around for it. This is like a dream truck for me...I think some begging of the parents may be at hand :)

Boot - Don't get it unless you have a full understanding of what you are getting into. I am in waaaay deeper than I would want to be.

This has to be the 3rd or so time it's been on eBay. Same price every time, same pics, same owner. It is an '87, as it was still an option. 2WD through. I have to say that the whole 'engine rebuild' and such makes me a bit nervous. I would be asking lots and lots of questions before spending any money.

Rob

0. I had the opportunity to pick up some other rare MJ stuff, but I actually had to turn it down. I wish I could collect them all, but I just don't have the funds. I really want to finish The Farmer. Plus, I wouldn't trust many under the hood, especially someone I don't know. Rebuilt engine and a vehicle sale bring up some red-flag-arinos.

Rob

Thanks Rob. I was going to make sure I asked you about it before I really started making an offer or anything. A diesel 'manche would be awesome to own though. I may end up just buying a gas one and doing an OM617 swap on it or if i get the money during college a 4bt.

Anyways, thanks for letting me know about it.

-Boot

Anything is possible. With the right mindset, and some knowledge, you can do anything. I am just speaking from experience. When I was back in high school, one of these came up on eBay too. I wanted it soooo soooo bad. After having one, I realize that if I would have gotten it when I was young, I'd have been in big trouble.

Having opsled so close helped me tremendously. He's had one for 10+ years, as well as had his apart past the head a few times. Without him, I would have been $3600 deep in an injection pump repair.

I guess what I am saying is that for a high school car, you can't beat a regular old MJ. 4.0/2.5L, indestructible, and if you manage to break something, parts are cheap and plentiful. It was a perfect high school truck for myself.

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like it didn't sell. I wish I had it.... I make biodiesel, so any diesel Jeeps get my attention. I had a CJ10-A with an SD33 in it, and that was a fun truck after I merged it with Waggy axles and a CJ rear tub made into a pick up on 35's :thumbsup: