Rear Bumper Ideas And Opinions

I am going to have to get a new rear bumper for my truck. The one I have is not awful just not good enough for me for what I am trying to do with the truck. I was looking at this bumper on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/121015395959?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649. I kinda of like it but just not in love with it. It seems to be a pretty good price since it comes with D-Ring mounts and receiver. Any other reasonably priced suggestions? And am I right that a XJ bumper will not work at all?

I have one and for the price you can't beat it or at least in my opinion. I been using mine to pull some large oak trees to a landing have even towed my 4x8 heay made trailer with it full of green oak firewood. My bolt kit and brackets came a day after the bumper. The tubing for the receiver is a little big making a loose fit so I welded some beads on the receiver to tighten it up. I don't tow much so I made a license plate holder that goes in the receiver with LED bolt lights with quick disconnect wires and when I tow I sit the plate bracket and all in the back window supported buy the seats headrest.

umm that is quite the link for me to click on. That is my truck in that pic. I bought that bumper from Nate last year and painted it myself with some rattlecan black and I guess somehow Nate got the pic and used it. I feel honored.

Theres my original pic. Very strange to see one of my pictures on the web when I didnt put it there.

umm that is quite the link for me to click on. That is my truck in that pic. I bought that bumper from Nate last year and painted it myself with some rattlecan black and I guess somehow Nate got the pic and used it. I feel honored.

Theres my original pic. Very strange to see one of my pictures on the web when I didnt put it there.

Lol... I know what you mean. I have redone many vehicles and seen my pics up in other places. But on the other hand it is cool in a way too.

Yea good point. It is cool to see that somebody else approves of what Ive done. I'm happy with the bumper, the only complaint would be the holes for the receiver and the d-rings are too small for the normal sized pins that I have. I either have to find a pin thats smaller or drill out the hole.

Have y'all checked out JCRs rear DIY bumper? Just throwing that out there as another option. I don't work for them or anything. I just liked the way it looked and plan to get one for myself at the end of the month when they go on sale. There are photos on their bookface page.

Like 86Customanche my back bumper is on the vendors website. Picture #2 before my paint job. I always meant to send them a better picture but never did. What is not mentioned is that bumper is Line-X'd.which is not one of their options. I got it raw and put another $100+ into the Line-X. The bumper is awesome but pricy! http://www.hansonoffroad.com/proddetail.php?prod=MJ4002-P I've had 2 Fey bumpers and they only last 6-8 years before rusting out.

Like 86Customanche my back bumper is on the vendors website. Picture #2 before my paint job. I always meant to send them a better picture but never did. What is not mentioned is that bumper is Line-X'd.which is not one of their options. I got it raw and put another $100+ into the Line-X. The bumper is awesome but pricy! http://www.hansonoff...p?prod=MJ4002-P I've had 2 Fey bumpers and they only last 6-8 years before rusting out.

Very nice bumper I must say. The price is up there pretty good however. Was it $529 for the raw bumper?