My1987 Is Missing The Two Side Weatherstripping Pieces For The Windshield.

I just checked the local Jeep dealer and got part no. 55235391AR for the one piece seal.

Can anyone confirm this is the right part no?

$115 at dealership

$87.20 here: http://www.factorychryslerparts.com/products/EAGLE/MOLDING-Windshield--MOULDING--Windshield--MOULDING--Windshield--Lower--MOULDING--Windshield--Side--MOULDING--Windshield--Upper-1-Piece--Use-After-2-7-/4524678/55235391AB.html

Looks right to me. But confirmation would be great.

Seels like any windshield outfit could also supply you that seal, might even be cheaper.

Might also be easiest to let them install it since, I believe, it only installs in conjunction

with glass R&R and not just by itself. Someone double check this please.

Watch out for mexican glass. Look for abberations in the glass before it gets installed,

especially in the field of view.

This.

I go to a shop owned by car nuts, and who happen to own (or used to own) both an AMX and a Comanche Eliminator. They are friends. When I have asked about windshields, they are careful to ask if I want a low price, or if I want to see through it. Low price gets what they call "off-shore" glass. Higher price gets American glass, with far fewer imperfections.

When I had the glass replaced on my MJ they told me that the "seal" (rubber) would just be bulk rubber trim, and that the 97+ trim would cost me $100+/- and would not seal anything, it's just trim. I opted to reuse the old trim which I had sanded, primed and painted. One of the side pieces was gleaned from the JY. If you wanna go with the rubber, and don't mind the price tag, go for it. The only one that will notice will be you.

It looks good, whole job cost me $200 and it's U.S. made glass. The glass on my XJ was replaced about 4 years ago, insurance job, for $300 and it started pitting after about a year, and that's just with regular use, no sandstorms or excessive dusty conditions. I don't know where that glass was made. They also re-used the old trim, which was chrome...or stainless actually.

I just checked the local Jeep dealer and got part no. 55235391AR for the one piece seal.

Can anyone confirm this is the right part no? $115 at dealership

$87.20 here: http://www.factorych...55235391AB.html

Looks right to me. But confirmation would be great.

$38.50 here:

http://www.fourwheelerhb.com/ShowItem/112102%20MOLDING,%20WINDSHIELD.aspx

• 4 weeks later...