Header Panel Compatabality,

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum but not new to jeeps, i have 2 cherokees currently and u can find me on naxja, jeep forum, cherokee forum, and cherokee talk, I'm getting a comanche in a few weeks, ive just got to get 300 to put up with my dirtbike to get it, its an 86 2 wheel drive that i hope to change over to 4x4 but thats a little further down the road as i have to get my 99 prodject xj going first, my first question is about the front end, i hate the 4 head light design of the older renix style, could i get a header panel, grille and headlights etc and put them on my mj? i know it CAN be done, i guess my question is how to do it, like will it bold right up or what, i figure id have do do something about the harness for the headlights etc, so can i just get one for the dual headlight header panel, is it simply plug and play or should i expect to have to splice into anything?

my first question is about the front end, i hate the 4 head light design of the older renix style, could i get a header panel, grille and headlights etc and put them on my mj? i know it CAN be done, i guess my question is how to do it, like will it bold right up or what, i figure id have do do something about the harness for the headlights etc, so can i just get one for the dual headlight header panel, is it simply plug and play or should i expect to have to splice into anything?

What you are describing was used for only a couple of years on the XJ Wagoneer. It is not a "Renix style," and it was never offered on the Cherokee or the Comanche. Somebody swapped it on, so you can certainly swap it off. The real question is how the person doing the swap wired the headlights. If you're lucky, he just tapped into the existing wires to feed the second lamp on each side and you can just remove the taps and be done. If he actually cut anything, you'll have to figure out what he cut and UNcut it.

The rest of it is bolt-up. Just keep in mind that Chrysler changed the design of the header and trim pieces in 1990 or 1991. Either type will work as long as everything comes from the same generation of donor vehicle, but you can't (easily) use the grille and trim from one in the header panel from the other.

Yep, that owner totally swapped the XJ Wagoneer grill on to a MJ. Follow Eagle's instructions to swap it back. Then sell the whole Wagoneer grill set for a good amount of money. People want them and will pay for it.

One of the MAJOR downsides to that nose is the headlights. You'd get more light on the road with a quartet of kerosene railroad lanterns. Plus -- they're very hard to find. Burn one out and you won't likely find a replacement in Wal*Mart.

One of the MAJOR downsides to that nose is the headlights. You'd get more light on the road with a quartet of kerosene railroad lanterns. Plus -- they're very hard to find. Burn one out and you won't likely find a replacement in Wal*Mart.

You can get these with E-code housings and use H4 halogen bulbs. Not a major downside at all.

Ruffin NC I can get one at the junkyard up the road but I'm not black like the owner is so I tend to get the highest side of priceing, seriously 60 dollars for a rear bumper off a 99 Xj. I laughed in his face on that one. I bet he'd want a pretty penny for a header panel grille bezels and lights. I hate that guy.

Well... that's an interesting deal about the junkyard. If the bumper's straight it's actually a fairly reasonable (if just a little high) price.

I'm not well versed in Waggy parts but I've seen a couple of them for $75-100.