Water Leak

When it rains water runs into the drivers side floor pan, I had this same problem in my 88XJ and never found the leak. This is starting to look like a pattern especially considering that every comanche that I looked at in the search for my new to me truck had a rusted out drivers side floor pan. Any thoughts?

could be the windshield, could be one of the hoes in the firewall, could be a door seal. a trick I've used is to sprinkle baby powder around. the water will make trails through the powder and lead you back towards the source. :thumbsup:

Hoes in the firewall are always a problem. Some of them like baby powder, but it doesn't always do the trick. :teehee:

That explains a lot! I kept finding the bulb under the dash was changed to a red one all the time!

on my 88 the hood's rear seal leaked and the water trickled down inside and found a wire to travel along through the firewall where the factory seal was pretty well non-existant. I would sprinkle babypowder in there too.

All credit goes to Pete and his stupid tiny keyboard that caused his fat-fingered response. This unintended omission of a single letter strike provided inspiration for my amusing yet non-offensive response to this hole (sic) matter.