Boost question

Hey just traded my turbo xj for my new mj. Did the turbo myself, made a manifold, ran a t3 t4 turbo on 8 psi of boost. Thing ripped. Stock head can handle 13psi. My build Is on cherokeeforum

How did you adjust your A/F ratio?

http://www.cherokeeforum.com/f46/new-me ... 18/index6/

here's the link.

adjusted the fuel ratio with a hks safr piggyback. tuned with a wideband o2 sensor. the hardest part was making the manifold. fits great where the old airbox was. also ran a 2 bar map sensor, and bosch 30lb injectors. was getting a 11:4 A/F ratio under boost. spooled pretty fast, and this was on an engine with 230k miles on it! was a really fun setup, and fun to build. also ran an external wastegate.

I never liked the muffler mounted turbos. IMO its the least efficient way to set up a turbo.

The compressor is driven by pressure,the pressure is greater off the head then the tail pipe area due to differences in temperature. This I why most turbos are placed close to the head as its the source of the kinetic energy.

Putting the turbo in the tail pipe is not really a good idea. It takes MUCH longer to spool, and there could be a higher chance of leaks in the charge pipe with all the joints. Also you will need much more piping to run it back up to the intake. And it will get cover in mud! You want bottom end for offroading, so the faster it spools the better. I could reach full boost in 2nd gear at 3000rpm

I don't know about this anymore.

probably gona go with electric turbo hook up, the switch at TB cable.

5 lbs all day

Not familiar with any electric turbo that can put out enough air for an auto application...

Show us what you mean. :dunno:

Those electric kits are garbage they sell to rip off kids. Most use an attwood fan that's for getting fumes out of a boats engine bay.

I doubt you will see any boost,if anything it will restrict the intake and lose power.

If you could buy such a thing for $200 why would people spend thousands on forced induction?

http://www.cherokeeforum.com/f46/new-me-orange-xj-dd-100318/index6/

here's the link.

adjusted the fuel ratio with a hks safr piggyback. tuned with a wideband o2 sensor. the hardest part was making the manifold. fits great where the old airbox was. also ran a 2 bar map sensor, and bosch 30lb injectors. was getting a 11:4 A/F ratio under boost. spooled pretty fast, and this was on an engine with 230k miles on it! was a really fun setup, and fun to build. also ran an external wastegate.[/quo

did you have fuel cut? and how did that external wastegate sound? do you have any videos?