1988 Jeep Comanche Aka The Penny Sniffer ,pic Heavy

Hey everybody I have been on this fourm since I bought my Mj in Feb of 2012. I bought it with a rough country 4.5 inch lift up front along with a SOA conversion in the back and I HATE IT!!!! it rides terrible and looks dumb haha. But I am changing all of it so it won't matter. This winter I will put a 6.5 inch long arm kit on it just haven't decided which one yet.

The truck is a 1988 4.0 Pioneer 4x4 with a automatic trans (not sure which one) and a np231. I have come to find out it was 2wd from the factory and has since been converted to 4x4 by a previous owner.

It had 99,000 miles on it when I bout it and has about 101,000 now, It was born in canada cause It has a kph speedo, Celsius temp gauge and oil in bars pressure. It also has a block warmer. It does have some rust but nothing to bad and I plan on stopping it asap/

I have done alot of work to it and keep meaning to start a build thread. Its going to take a me a few days to get this build thread up to speed on where I'm at to day with it but Ill go a head and start it off. Here is it the day I bought it.

And then the next day I thought I would see how it would flex

Since its so tall in the back, you could swap in some factory shackles. Do you know what leafs you have in the back?

Yea I was looking at getting the Iron man 4x4 adjustable ones. I know they are not stock, some sort of leaf pack I believe but not that's all I know.

And now the wallet takes more of a beating. A 97+ Cherokee electric fan to add inline with the stock mechanical fan cause the manche didnt come with one from the factory, and It would get a little warm when I would get into the really soft sand.

A long with a New flow cooler water pump, A high flow thermo stat, Thermostat houseing and new gaskets.

Last but not least I won some datsun louvers for cheap on ebay!

i had a import muffler on my old manche,

sounded like a ricer rocket! :thumbsup:

can't wait to see pics of the installs :thumbsup:

IT is coming very very soon! Prob tomorrow. Already did the instal just haven't posted the pictures.

• 2 weeks later...

And next it is to install them after A fresh coat of Super silver to match the decal, since I plan on painting it back on after the paint job in the future.

BUUUTTTT First I had to do some Cutting

And this is how it will sit after the 6.5 inch long arm lift

Final product!

Ok this is going to be pic heavy. I started tearing a part the 4.0 to install new Iron man motor mounts, a pacesetter header and a new trans mount. Up untill now it has been mostly just buying parts, then I started to get a abundance of parts.

the start of the tear down, labeled everything.