2.5 Engine Bay w/ A/C

Anybody have a few pictures of how a 2.5 engine bay is setup from the factory with A/C, without the Power Steering components (resevoir, pulley, etc)? Don't know if any 2.5 A/C trucks were even shipped this way from the factory. Going to be saving up the $ to add A/C to the truck down the road, and I wanted to know if I can mount all the A/C stuff without having any P/S junk (pulleys etc.)

If anything, I'll even take some 2.5 engine bay shots with A/C and P/S setups, just so I can save them to my PC so I can get an idea of how everything should look when I get done. Thanks. :cheers:

If it doesnt have power steering , I think they still have an Idler pulley in that place that is the same diameter as the power steering pulley so it really shouldnt matter. I converted mine to AC and power steering. My pics arent the greatest, but maybe youll get something from them. I hope it helps.

Can't swear to it but I believe every MJ or XJ that didn't have AC or PS had a idler pulley in it's place.

Pretty sure I have that pulley. I'll take a few snaps of my engine bay in the morning.

Also, to Ismurphy, yup, no Power Steering. Maybe one day I'll shell out to install it, but as it stands right now, it's really unnecessary. Well, to me at least. There's very few times I wish I had it, but those are few and far between.

Unless your staying with stock tires and only drive on pavement your gonna want to add power steering.

Its only about $50 to add it.

And power steering deosnt rob horsepower at speed like the AC compressor does. When mine kicks in, you KNOW it. It drags the engine down noticably. But I love having it here in the south.

Unless your staying with stock tires and only drive on pavement your gonna want to add power steering.

Its only about $50 to add it.

And power steering deosnt rob horsepower at speed like the AC compressor does. When mine kicks in, you KNOW it. It drags the engine down noticably. But I love having it here in the south.

Only reason I'm on the fence with PS is that it's more bracketry, lines, pump, and a replacement steering box to get in my way when I work. Mostly it's the price tag for the steering box that's keeping me on the fence.

Maybe I'll end up doing both if I can get a doner vehicle w/ the entire setup... think.gif