How do you get the lower control arms back ON?

A bottle jack, a high-lift, an anchor point, 20 feet of chain, 6lb sledge...

Actually, normally it just takes a bottle jack and a 2-3lb sledge. Use the jack to push the axle forewards or backwards as needed, hit the arm with the sledge to get it into the pocket. Once it is close, insert the bolt with the sledge - it'll self centre.

But you didn't hear that method from me.

I just used the bottle jack to push forward, a small floor jack under the axle to push slightly up, and a couple well placed motorcycle tie-downs for safety and to keep from losing ground. Once close, a BF phillips screwdriver finished aligning the holes. :wrench:

I just used the bottle jack to push forward, a small floor jack under the axle to push slightly up, and a couple well placed motorcycle tie-downs for safety and to keep from losing ground. Once close, a BF phillips screwdriver finished aligning the holes. :wrench:

How do you use a bottle jack to push the axel forward? Where do I put it?

I got the arms in the brackets, but I am still about .75" away from lining up the holes. :headpop:

In my case, I put the jack parallel to and just above the LCA to be bolted. The bottom of the jack is against the body, (a 2x4 kinda digs into metal and makes a stable flat spot) and the top is pushing on the lower shock mount.

The bottle jack and block of wood works pretty well when using stock arms or my first set of skyjacker LCA's. I could not believe how easy it was to roll the axle into place with the fully adjustable LCA's/UCA's from Rusty's. What I forgot about was how difficult it is to get the upper control arm bolts out of the body - I don't think jeep wanted us to remove those fortunately man has invent tools that can grind steel.

When I replaced my front axle (I undid the old one at the axle), I put the lower arms on first, then put in the new longer coils, then I attached a comealong to the upper control arm mount and attached it back to the trans crossbar to pull the diff back and align the bolts.

I find that the easiest way for me is to attach the lowers, since they go easier, then use a pipe wrench on the axle tube. Put the pip wrenhc handle on top of a botle jack so you can hold it steady and make small adjustments. Then rotate the axle back into place and put the uppers on.

• 2 weeks later...
The bottle jack and block of wood works pretty well when using stock arms or my first set of skyjacker LCA's. I could not believe how easy it was to roll the axle into place with the fully adjustable LCA's/UCA's from Rusty's. What I forgot about was how difficult it is to get the upper control arm bolts out of the body - I don't think jeep wanted us to remove those fortunately man has invent tools that can grind steel.

Duner,

Do you still have your skyjacker LCA's and/or AAL's? Want to sell?

I could use a set until I get my TNT long arm.

• 3 months later...

Anyone know an easy way to get new controls arm on. The rubber bushings are too big for the brackets. I have tried a hammer and using the floor jack to press them on. I'm out of ideas. :headpop: