Any ideas for bringing back old paint?

I have a show on Sunday that I plan on bringing the diesel to. Only bad thing is that the paint is in less than stellar condition. I would like to shine 'er up and having it looking at least presentable for the show. I have a problem though. The paint is of less-than-stellar condition. At some point, someone left it sit for a long time without washing it. The paint seems very porous, and like there is dirt in the pores. Here are some pics of what I am talking about:

You can see where there was a 4x4 decal protecting it during whatever it experienced... and the condition of the rest of it.

252319_389624281075065_100000824882082_996374_417353476_n.jpg

554749_389624481075045_1805924496_n.jpg

I picked up some rubbing compound, and tried it in a spot, but all it seemed to do was shine up the surface instead of taking anything out. It almost looks like what oil does in your pores. Started as little scratches, and then they wicked up whatever fell on them.

I would like to be able to hit the outside of the truck with something before Sunday, do you guys have any suggestions?

Rob

Olympic White on the 1986 model is a single stage with no clear coat.

If the surface feels raised get clay bars and the appropriate spray to work on the surface. That will remove most of the contaminants. Then it can be buffed properly.

Tried the clay bar. Now the paint is super smooth, and looks like crap. I kind of expected that, but wanted to try none the less. I never realized how expensive the clay bars are!

Any more suggestions?

Rob :dunno: