'91 comanche 4x4 diesel

It's not mine, but here are photos. I really want to purchase it, but the wife will not let me acquire another vehicle. :(

It has an 8.8 in the rear with a rusty's lift infront with adj upper/lower control arms.

has hitch.. non-factory

video of motor

168245_3593686715462_1072232659_3039436_1645642113_n.jpg

537691_3593687035470_1072232659_3039437_144999482_n.jpg

581220_3593687395479_2060487240_n.jpg

380252_3593687835490_267391834_n.jpg

536829_3593688275501_2071401917_n.jpg

from cl: 1991 Jeep Comanche 4x4 for sale; this vehicle has gone through a diesel engine conversion replacing the petroleum distillate powered AMC 4.0L with a 1982 Mercedes OM617 turbo diesel (124,000 miles). This conversion was chosen because the 4.0L had a mechanical failure and was longer capable of being reliable. The adapter used to mate the AX-15 manual transmission and the OM617 diesel was purchased from Mercedes 4x4's. This vehicle has a large number of upgrades one of which is the '98 Ford explorer 8.8 rear end with 4.10's; along with the rear end, i have replaced the clutch and all seals on the OM617. It also has a 4.5" lift to accommodate the front sump oil pan and all front axle bushings have been replaced, as well the cross over steering. the front end comes with quick disconnect links and 4.10 gears. When I was driving it, i consistently got approximately 33 to 36 MPG and has good horse power and torque as well.

This project is just about complete, However, if I were to own it I would personally have a dual battery system, put on a long arm front suspension, a free flowing exhaust system, replace timing chain on OM617, adjust fuel timing for more power, install hydrobrake booster and upgrade steering column. those are just a few things i would do.

Reason I must sell: I am currently a student at OSU and I will be graduating in June and after that i am moving. Unfortunately, I am not able to bring my project along with me, as I will be out of the country most of the time. Due to the circumstances I am flexible on the asking price and I must have this truck gone by the middle of June; this is an excellent field vehicle with one of the most dependable indirect injected turbo diesel ever engineered.

If you are interested or have any questions please call, there is far more than I listed. Thank for your interest.

541 521 8670

It's a hell of a truck! It was used as a field rig all across the pacific northwest, having hard Time getting it gone. Haven't really had anybody to see it! I have been stood up 10 times through Craigslist! And have wasted hours of wait time when I should be working on my defense and packing. Anyways, the Jeep is still here and I need to be gone before the end of next week or its going to the crusher!

the Jeep is still here and I need to be gone before the end of next week or its going to the crusher!

Jeezus....... why crush it? The first person that comes to see it, take their best offer over scrap value fer cryin' out loud.

I just don't get the "I want $3000 or it gets crushed" mentality........ :nuts:

BTW, your craigs ad has expired....... might have something to do with your lack of interest/calls about it.....

Crusher?!?!?!?!? Oh god no!!! I saw this ad earlier, and would die for a diesel MJ. But the $3G price is too steep for a guy that has negative money in his bank account. I'm a 6hr drive away and in another country, but I would try anything I could to keep it from the jaws of death.

Best offer I can give you is the same price the crusher would give you, maybe some more depending. (if they are giving you the price of scrap steel). I know the wife would kill me if I brought another MJ home as well, but I would do it to save that truck..

Its an offer, let me know

Thanks,

Ryan

Understand the frustration dealing with Craigslist people. I got a free SnugTop shell last year. The fellow have been stood up by all kinds of callers, even for FREE.

If you really mean what you said about it going to the crusher, let me know. I will buy it for the scrapper price, just to keep it from being scrapped. I would fly my son up and have him drive it to San Diego.

However, I would expect big issues trying to register it in California, given an 81 engine in a 91 gas truck. May be, I could get it registered in Baja? Tons of Baja cars in San Diego every day. :banana:

Gentlemen please.....the Comanche is not going to be crushed! I was getting frustrated by all the people on craigslist that have stood me up during a extremely busy time.

I am currently getting prepared to defend my thesis, graduate and move to a different country for my post doc. so, it was frustrating getting stood up by 9 people!!!! when i do not have the time. I bet 90% of the people on this forum have had to deal with craigslist no show? am i right?

Gentlemen please.....the Comanche is not going to be crushed! I was getting frustrated by all the people on craigslist that have stood me up during a extremely busy time.

I am currently getting prepared to defend my thesis, graduate and move to a different country for my post doc. so, it was frustrating getting stood up by 9 people!!!! when i do not have the time. I bet 90% of the people on this forum have had to deal with craigslist no show? am i right?

Yes!

If I was close to Oregon I would definitely show up. :D

• 1 year later...

The last contact i had with the seller was that he'd decided to keep it until he got back from where ever he was going. Was going to store with a family member. So it's still technically for sale i guess. I'm thinking he went to mexico for some research or maybe it was in the rain forest. Either way he was going to be there for a year before they had to reapply for grants.

Don't know the guy, he was just doing some interesting research so we conversed for a while.