Reconditioned

So I mentioned in another thread that I picked up some odds and ends at the JY a few weeks ago. I found a filthy but otherwise in excellent condition AMC valve cover.

Two hours of cleaning, a little black and silver......good as new.

I've been using Havoline 40w with Pure1 filters and after 31K miles she's still squeaky clean. I also began using about 20% Lucas (even the suggestion of such a thing got a couple of guys really pissed at me on another board) but I'll keep doing what I'm doing, the oil is still a dull gold after three months of daily driving.

I've had a couple of discussions here regarding rubber gaskets, they SUCK. This one leaked from the beginning I'll bet.

I'll stick to my favorite, Ultra Black.

I ordered from Jeep what was supposed to be a vacuum kit for the 2.5 and it came as a 4.0 kit. A little heat will reform the line.

The valve cover I removed was an aftermarket replacement, compared to the OEM if feel much lighter and thinner.

I'm trying to bring here back one piece at a time when I can find it.

Tharr be plastic on the horizon captain. Very nice find irregardless, I wish my own valve cover looked that nice when I still had it on. Plastic ones work as well as the aluminum ones, it's just a matter of keeping everything in check. :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...