Factory tach for 2.5 1986

I have a tach on my truck, but it's an aftermarket. It's probably a hassle but call me what you will I like factory clusters having a tach, not some ugly thing stuck to the steering column.

Is there a tach cluster I can swap in for an 86?

I have a tach on my truck, but it's an aftermarket. It's probably a hassle but call me what you will I like factory clusters having a tach, not some ugly thing stuck to the steering column.

Any 4-cylinder cluster from 1984 through 1990 will work. You can also get a cluster from a 6-cylinder, 1988 through 1990 -- those have a potentiometer on the back of the tachometer to allow you to calibrate it for the 4-cylinder engine.

Some 87s have the adjustable tachometer as well, At least the one in the Purple People eater came out of an 87 Wagoneer (Cherokee with woody sides) and is adjustable.

Also note that at some point (88?) the end of the speedometer cable changed. The older cable will fit the newer cluster, but will not lock in place. This has not been a problem on Wilbur for going on 4 years now, though.

A tach from anything with a 6 cylinder (whether it be a 4.0 straight 6 or a 2.8 V6) will only work if it can be adjusted for a 4 cylinder. Otherwise it would read 2000 rpm when you're really doing 3000.

It was thought only the 88 and newer ones were adjustable, but I found an 87 one that is. Who knows, maybe some of the 86 ones are adjustable as well, but I have never seen one yet.

I have the exact full gauge cluster you are looking for in the 86 parts truck I just bought. I haven't started removing parts yet but if you are interested, PM me and we can discuss a transaction. I can post pics when I get home. Remi.

I have the exact full gauge cluster you are looking for in the 86 parts truck I just bought. I haven't started removing parts yet but if you are interested, PM me and we can discuss a transaction. I can post pics when I get home. Remi.

MJRemi, I sent you a private message about the gauge cluster. Thanks