auto tranny issues

i know not a mj but its a 1991 jeep cherokee motor was shot but the tranny was fine so i pullled the motor an tranny as one out an go a 93 jeep 4.0 from a standard jeep xj an removed the pilot bearing an hooked the tranny on making sure the tq convertor lined up an engaged it did reinstalled on jeep an now i go to shift to drive or any other gear an it won't move an this a 4.0 ho an aw4 tranny was fine before moving to new motor same vehichle

also forgot to say when i through it into any gears it sounds like it want to go as in rpms change an everything an i no the pump is also working to I'm still pondering about if its low fluid i checked it tranny in park running cold an it was where it was supposed to be an help would be appreciated thanks tony. :nuts:

the torque converter has to be seated all they way into the input shaft, you have to slide it on, then turn it while rocking it till it goes all the way in or else it will not work, transmission fluid should be checked at operating temp running in park.

yes my jeep is out of 4wd neutral an yes driveshafts are attached but the pump is running but fluid is going to the cooler an switched my lines of manche to it an still the same I'm thinks about trying to put air into the return line an see what happens an correct me if I'm wrong aw4 is 4 quarts correct if its overfilled would it do this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...