SOA cost

So I am planning on replacing my D30 CAD with a non-CAD D30 and got to thinking...If I'm allready doing 1 axle why not do 2 and go SOA. So minus the cost of buying axles, roughly how much money would I be looking at to do the lift?

Don't forget front coil springs, control arms, steering, trac bar, bump stops, driveshaft angle, sway bar/links. All this adds up to more very quickly as doing a SOA will get you around 5-6" of lift so stock parts will not be able to be used at that height.

If you're sitting at 3-3.5" SUA lift tell us what you have installed so we can tell you what you will need to replace and get new. If you've got aftermarket hell creek springs or the like then you'll have to swap them out for stocks otherwise you'll end up with ~9" of lift in the rear.

Its a mismatched lift that the previous owners installed, so ill try to think of everything for ya. Its got trail master 3 in coils and shocks with sway bar drop brackets up front, Add a leafs, Rancho shocks, and shackles in the rear.

Yeah don't keep any of that BS for the 6", sell it after you go up in lift to help offset the cost. Your going to need up front: new shocks, coils, track bar, steering stabaliser, break lines, both upper and lower adjustable control arm

Back : take out the aal in the leafs and do SOA, perches, shocks, break lines, new Stockists shakles.

You should go on Cherokeefourm.com and look in the for sale section, you will be able to peace together a VERY nice lift with some "jently " used parts if you are patient and wait for the right deals to come by. But watch close deals fly fast if your not fast enough.

Good luck I'm sure it will be VERY nice once done :cheers:

Brandon

I just went from a 4.5 short arm lift w/ SUA to a 7.5 long arm lift w/SOA. The previous posts are accurate, you are going to have to get rid of the front suspension unless you want an extreme rake. I did a hybrid kit on my rig, there a few MJ kits out there but not many. I used stock MJ springs from Motion Offroad, the lowest perchs I could find and it raised the rear about 6.5 in on a D-44. In order to get the rig level It required 7.5 in of lift in the front. If you do order rear leafs check w/ Hellcreek first. Motion Offroad jerked me around on my order, told me they were on the shelf and it took over 3 weeks for them to arrive. Good luck on the build.

i bought standard mopar spring perches from summit 12.88 plus shipping (you can get longer ones from barnes4wd to fight axle wrap 26.14 plus shipping), new shock mounts from barnes4wd 14.78 plus shipping, ubolts from autozone 19 bucks a pair and ubolt plates from a XJ at the junkyard 4 bucks if that. thats it besides the new rear axle 100 bucks. i bent my rear brake hard line to give me enough droop. so no new line but for like 55 bucks or so why not just go on and knock that out too. i have original MJ leaf springs so i was set on that.

for the front, i agree ditch everything you have and sell it. buy whichever brand you want to lift it to desired height. id go long arms but thats just me :yes:

at least get adjustable front control arms. youll regret it later if you don't.