Clunk when turning left..?

Ok, story time, I installed my 2" lift with coil spacers and drop shackles. Ever since then, when I break, or turn to the left I hear a clunk coming from the drivers side (front). I'm not sure what it is, I thought to be a coil spring popping, but it has done it ever since (about 3-4 months). I did toe on my truck, and that's it because I can't get my lower control arms to go anymore forward (to adjust caster). Would that mean to get adjustable lower control arms?

Also, when I turn to the left, or right, it shoots one way, like i'm going to roll even on a small turn... That would be caster correct?

Thanks in advanced!

Mike

I installed a new track bar prior to the lift. I tightened it down good to where the cotter pin would work, so I'll see if I get on it good enough to see if i can hear it.. I might turn it full lock both ways to see where the sway bar is to the coil springs.

Off topic, but if I hear like a hissing (like vacuum) noise coming from my brake pedal when I let off, that's a booster isn't it?

Thanks

Awesome thanks.

For the caster it was probably 2 degrees off maybe 1 when I put it on the alignment rack. I couldn't move the LCA anymore forward so I thought I could drill out a bigger area to do that to make more room for the shims. Would that function ok?

I believe the sway bar to the link on drivers side is hitting the coil spring it is very close to it. Almost touching. What do I do?

Get longer sway bar links. The stock XJ links from the 93 models and up are 1.5" longer than the ones you have now. That will move your sway bar up and away from the coil springs.

And if your track bar ends and mounting holes don't clunk when testing, you don't need to invest in an adjustable track bar with a 2" lift.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I replaced the sway bar links, and I think my sway bar could be bent... The right side is about 3/4" away from coil spring and the left side (passenger) is about 1/2"-3/8" away from the coiul spring.

Also, I do believe it is my track bar mount that is making the noise. I got under it today while my brother turned the wheel and I could feel the track bar clunking near the mount as it made the noise. Is there somewhere I could get another mount? Like stock?

Thanks guys! jamminz.gif

Yeah, it was a cheap one though, from rock auto, the one before was OEM with 130k miles on it, so I figured I would replace it. I was looking on 4wd and saw a rubicon express bracket, but it has the 'hinge type' attachment. I'm thinking about getting a new one because I heard some good things about them, but money is tight right now, until I sell my Wrangler (Friday) so ideas would be great.

I replaced my track bar with the double shear setup from Iron Rock offroad and I still have a clunk when turning at low speeds after installing a lift. Also check your control arm bolts and tie rods. I am going to start replacing my tie rods and if they don't cure the clunk, adjustable control arms are going in. My stock track bar bracket was nice and tight at 115k but the tie rod end on the bar was bad.