Pillar lights not working at all

I just picked the Jeep up today, got it home and started tinkering with it. The interior is stripped out and in the bed. I went threw and found the pilar lights and plugged them in. However I can't get them to turn on. They arent coming on with the door open or with the headlight knob turned. I checked the dome light fuse and it was fine.. Any ideas? Also, I grabed a set of kick panel lights from a 89 xj wagonner at the local U-Pull and they arent matching up with the connector for my 88 pioneer. I grabbed a pair from a 89 and 90 xj so I'm guessing I need them out of a 88? Any thoughts?

Gary

I had similar issues with mine. Try searching the site for "dome lights" and "pillar lights" and you might find info to help determine the problem. The old lights are sensitive and need to be babied to work well. Good Luck!

yep I tried all positions. I tried all positions and tried turning the interior lights on, nothing. I have looked at the past posts on this issue but nothing that seems to stand out. I checked the "dome light" fuse that was fine. I'm looking at the light and them seem ok not corroded or in bad shape. What positions are door, off, and on? Like up down and what not.

Thanks Gary

Ok they're working!! But man are they sensitive!! Cleaned the contacts up a bit and they work. Only thing is they don't come on when opening the pass door. Will replace the door pin. I am going to switch the ergonomincs soon. Thanks for the help fellas!!

Gary