Taking the MJ to a car show soon..

Zenobian_84

Since I haven't updated my build in what seems like forever, I'll throw a couple of pics up here to show some progress. It may not look it, but there's a lot of work that's been done since my last update. I will be attending the monthly car show (next town over) at the end of Feb. with a buddy of mine and his 66 Fleetside C-10. Not trying to win any awards, but we're showing up to prove a point to some of the people who enter cars there.

It's a CLASSIC car show, so why there are cars like an 05 Chevy Aveo, 2008 Mustang GT, or an 07 Corvette is beyond me. It's supposed to be a classic show, for real classics. Not suped-up wannabe's. Not to mention one of the last times I went, there was a guy with a '56 Jeep FC-150. Hopefully I won't be the only Jeep there this time... :yes: Granted, my truck is no "Classic", but it's rare, so that in itself gains it a spot this month. I'll be promoting the club too, with business cards! :brows: So stay tuned for an update later this month.

It may not look it, but there's been work done. :yes: Believe me; and there's still a lot to do before the show.

You say your truck is no classic? Maybe I'm misinformed, but isn't the definition/requirement of a "classic vehicle" to be at least 20 years old? Following that guideline, I would be compelled to say that just because your truck is no popular model among "classic car enthusiasts", doesn't necessarily mean its no classic.

You say your truck is no classic? Maybe I'm misinformed, but isn't the definition/requirement of a "classic vehicle" to be at least 20 years old? Following that guideline, I would be compelled to say that just because your truck is no popular model among "classic car enthusiasts", doesn't necessarily mean its no classic.

:doh: Forgot there is a "technical" term for a "Classic" car. :oops: I've met quite a few people who don't believe that 80's cars are classic cars though.

You should make her shine. Attack it with some rubbing compound, polish and then wax it! :brows:

Yeah, I gotta finish painting a few primer spots to make it look like the color is "all there", if you catch my drift. :roll: Unfortunately, I doubt a buff job is in the works. I'll probably give the old girl some tire shine though :yes:

whats about how my MJ looked when i put it in a Cub Scout fund rasing car show... I came in third :D

Guess there's hope for me then :clapping:

You should make her shine. Attack it with some rubbing compound, polish and then wax it! :brows:

Use claybar and then if that works, then wax it. Clay may work better than rubbing compound. Remember, you are representing all of us! :cheers:

There are several car shows around my area. One is the 2nd Sat/Sun of every month in Mt. Dora; the other (that I'm going to attend) is every Sunday in Eustis. Pretty good turnout every time. The bigger one is the 2nd sunday one, because it's tacked together with a classic guitar show.