4.5in lift for under 500?

XxStirCrazedxX

yea thats kinda what I'm thinking...Pricing crap sucks... think I'm just going to go with a 4.5 lift in the front and do a SOA in the rear.. got some 1in pucks around here some place to level the front when done...just need to find a site that has all the front parts i need so i don't have to order from 5 diff places..

Lifts aren't something to really cheap out on in my opinion

Get what you pay for. If you want to go cheap, expect an incomplete, rough riding, half thought out piece of crap.

I am in the do it right, or don't do it at all camp.

Plus, you can cobble together a pretty mean 3" that will take you anywhere a discount junk 4.5" will take you anyway.

Rob

I am in the do it right, or don't do it at all camp.

Plus, you can cobble together a pretty mean 3" that will take you anywhere a discount junk 4.5" will take you anyway.

Rob

6755928093_558ea7f8d5_m.jpg

'splain .......

I think what Rob is saying is that you can piece together a high quality and good performing 3" lift for the same price as a cheapo 4.5" lift 'kit'.

I too, would take the shorter well built lift over a cheap 4.5" kit. Then again, I am trying to build a truck that functions perfectly on and off road and not just shove big tires under it.

"Get what you pay for. If you want to go cheap, expect an incomplete, rough riding, half thought out piece of crap."

so are you saying that the hells creek/rough country/Motion are all cheap, incomplete rough riding pieces of crap? :dunno:

Price seems to be right around $500 and look to be pretty complete, minus a few things. Never hurd a bad thing about Hells Creek or motion.

My biggest thing is the shipping...a $150 to ship what 50-80lbs? i have worked in shipping and rec most of my working years, and have shipped bigger heavyer things for less.

I have 1K or so to do lift and tires (31 maybe 33) so i need to be staying with around 500 on the lift.

Its not a DD its a weekend warrior that can drive to and from trails.

Not trying to be an @$$ Just not understanding.

"Get what you pay for. If you want to go cheap, expect an incomplete, rough riding, half thought out piece of crap."

so are you saying that the hells creek/rough country/Motion are all cheap, incomplete rough riding pieces of crap? :dunno:

Price seems to be right around $500 and look to be pretty complete, minus a few things. Never hurd a bad thing about Hells Creek or motion.

My biggest thing is the shipping...a $150 to ship what 50-80lbs? i have worked in shipping and rec most of my working years, and have shipped bigger heavyer things for less.

I have 1K or so to do lift and tires (31 maybe 33) so i need to be staying with around 500 on the lift.

Its not a DD its a weekend warrior that can drive to and from trails.

Not trying to be an @$$ Just not understanding.

Any kit that uses any part of a Rough Country lift is at least partially a cheap P.O.Crap. They only thing that their fanboi's can counter with is that they are (A) cheap and (B) Rough Country often gives you freebies for all of the F-uped stuff they do/sell. I hate to see Hellcreek associated with them.

[quote.

Any kit that uses any part of a Rough Country lift is at least partially a cheap P.O.Crap. They only thing that their fanboi's can counter with is that they are (A) cheap and (B) Rough Country often gives you freebies for all of the F-uped stuff they do/sell. I hate to see Hellcreek associated with them.

that sounds like good advice. i am in need of a replacement trac-bar and have been looking at the rough country ones and they are amazingly "inexpensive" compared to others and i was wondering why. ( same with their control-arms). - the attraction is that they come with the drop-bracket for about $135. if anyone knows of a good alternative i would be interested.

and when it was mentioned that a good 3" lift could be much better than a crappy 4.5", i am just wondering what parts would be different and what -not.

Shawn - I have gone through a few trackbars on my TJ. I would highly recommend the Currie ATB. This bar is pure beef.

http://northridge4x4.com/proddetail.php?prod=CE-9120

Although I went with the 9120TJS because my frame mount was drilled out for a Rubicon Express ATB.

http://northridge4x4.com/proddetail.php?prod=CE-9120TJS

Having been there, done that with cheap lifts I feel obliged to share my experience with others thinking about going down the same path. I'm not here to say the cheap lifts will self destruct, but more than likely you will never be happy with the ride, performance (and what is most important to me) the longevity of the parts. I have been driving my TJ lifted for over 80k miles and I work it hard when wheeling.

What makes the difference in allowing a cheaper 3" lift to be 'better' than a cheap 4.5" lift is the fact your stock parts won't be AS out of alignment. Most budget lifts include shocks, springs and not much else. If additional parts are included, more than likely they will not be adjustable and will only last about 20k miles. With a 3" lift you are able to utilize more of the stock components and can slowly replace them as time/money permits. At 4.5" of lift everything suspension relayed should really be replaced.

I think what Rob is saying is that you can piece together a high quality and good performing 3" lift for the same price as a cheapo 4.5" lift 'kit'.

I too, would take the shorter well built lift over a cheap 4.5" kit. Then again, I am trying to build a truck that functions perfectly on and off road and not just shove big tires under it.

Bing!

Yes. Tom knows his springs, is a great guy, but he's stuck with Rough Country for everything else.

Rob