Lets see if this all adds up

Here should be a picture of my rear leaf springs. 8)

Now the axle is around 2.75" + the spring perch .75 + half of the spring pack 1" (2'' overall) = 4.5" lift if do the SOA? Does this sound about right? I can't figure out how you would be able to get more than 4.5" out of a standard SOA :shock: Is there lift in the stock leaf springs? Can somebody enlighten me - Rich

its 5.5in. of lift

rubicon express insisted thats it was 5.5 in.

so i went with it since they make a spoa lift for the mj

they were right

try adding your new spring perch

when i added my srings came to 1.5in. the axel is 3in.

and the spring perch is 1.5in. the back of the truck sits

a little higher for carring stuff giving you 5.5 inches high

thats why if you look up a 2in. lift for a 1993 f150 its all up front and some companys call it a leveling lift

now i could be wrong it might be 1in. higher in the back of the comanche

its 5.5in. of lift

rubicon express insisted thats it was 5.5 in.

so i went with it since they make a spoa lift for the mj

they were right

try adding your new spring perch

when i added my srings came to 1.5in. the axel is 3in.

and the spring perch is 1.5in. the back of the truck sits

a little higher for carring stuff giving you 5.5 inches high

thats why if you look up a 2in. lift for a 1993 f150 its all up front and some companys call it a leveling lift

now i could be wrong it might be 1in. higher in the back of the comanche

Could you tell me how (tall) high the RE weld-on spring perch is off the axle. That would help me decide on whether to add the 3/4'' UBE or not. Thanks, Rich

i think its .5 in.

i picked up my spring perch from 4wheel parts for $20

and my shocks from napa auto parts

my brake lines are from rubicon along with my front coils

my steering is from rustys over knuckle kit

and my control arms and shocks in the front are rock krawlers tri link long arm kit

my spring perch is .5 in (not 1.5 sorry typo ) antiwrap

some people only go 5in. in the front for when they load up there gear they even out

with my steering and lift i have about 1300 to 1400 in to it

rubicons mj spring over lift is about 1200

http://community.webshots.com/user/comanchejeep

when i first did my soa, i just used Jeep yj spring perches. I left the stock overload leaf inplace.

in the front to match, i use a set of RE 4.5" lift springs which didnt lift it high enough. So i also had to use a set of 2" coil spacers. It sat level after that.

after about a year of running like that, and with the addition of a winch bumper, the front springs sagged and i then added an additional coil spacer to level it back up.

so in the begging, i lifted the front roughly 6" to match the rear.

It also depend on the condition of your current rear springs, whether they have been abused and overloaded alot throughout the years.

hope that helps

Now the axle is around 2.75" + the spring perch .75 + half of the spring pack 1" (2'' overall) = 4.5" lift if do the SOA? Does this sound about right? I can't figure out how you would be able to get more than 4.5" out of a standard SOA :shock: Is there lift in the stock leaf springs? Can somebody enlighten me - Rich

Well your almost right in your calculation but don't half the value of your spings. They are 2" and thats what you add...

So if you have 2.75"axle, +.75"perch+2" spring gets you 5.5" of lift.. Or an easy measumrent method would be to measure from the top of the tube to the bottom of the spring. You should measure 5.5" because your basically putting the bottom of your spring ontop of the tube

HTH

Ryan

I kinda have that 70's muscle car look going on, but I am running 2" lift springs, with 2" lift shackles, and SOA on a 8.8. In the front I am running 6.5" coils, and even after over a yr of hard trail abuse is still sitting closer to7.75, and that is with a winch and a heavy winch bumper. BTW rusty's springs are really stiff :D

Patrick