How screwed am I?

These control arms were just replaced 2 months ago with OMIX brand from team cherokee. The other day I noticed that the bushings are not centered and slid out of the arm itself. I now have death wobble AGAIN for the millionth time! :fs1: I am soo furious right now.

Passenger side with good bushing looking the way I think it should?

Image Not Found

Drivers side obviously not good??

Image Not Found

Pretty much everything pete! Steering gear box, track bar, all u joints, both wheel unit bearings, drag link, all the TREs, steering damper, sway bar links, and the LCAs. The only thing that hasn't been replaced is the UCAs. This truck has 11k invested in it no joke! The toe alignment is spot on also and the tires are balanced. Is that ok for my new LCA bushings to look like that? The axle side driver in the pic and the frame side passenger looks the same, bushing sliding out.

The only thing that has changed is I removed stock coils and a 2" spacer and installed 3" skyjacker coils. So the front end is sitting 1 inch higher than before. I adjusted the toe in to 1/16" closer in the front. I torqued everything down correctly, I've had the front end apart a million times so I'm pretty good at it. :wrench: This is when I noticed my LCAs.

Most of my DW experiences have been with tires. If all that stuff is good/new I would maybe try swapping tires out for a drive, or put the front on stands and wiggle the crap out of everything and try to find something loose. Those lcasshould walk like that. If theyre torqued down tight they should have much room to move. Maybe next move would be adjustable LCAs.

I have stock arms and 3" coils thought the stockers were ok until 3"? My axle isn't perfectly centered but its pretty close. I will measure it tomorrow. My XJ with 4" or so lift had a bad TB and the axle was 1" further to the drivers side and it drove perfect. :dunno: Ball joints and tires are fine.

Looks like I need to relocate my TB axle mount over 3/4" then. I just don't understand how the bushings walk over like that with only 3" when it NEVER happened in any of my XJs.

only some people say stock arms are good past 2". I am not one of them.

and please don't redrill the track bar hole. that is insanely hack. :no:

How come us stock height guys never have these problems?

stock trucks can and do come down with DW. it just becomes more prevalent when lifted because all the geometry of the suspension changes.

Do you even think a longer TB would be needed? My axle doesn't even look to be off center, I will confirm what it really is with measurements though. What I mean is my XJ axle was 1" shifted and was VERY visible but drove perfectly even at 70mph hitting highway bumps.

I won't argue the LCA length issue seeing as how its most likely going to start a debate. But I have seen many people use stockers at 3" without problems other than a little rougher ride. Also this is strictly a pavement truck. I might have to just go back to 2" up front and be done with it seeing as how I need the truck in highway shape for Sunday. Anyone need 3" coils?? :rotf:

I measured my axle and it is only 1/8" off center.. Not a big deal in my book. I did however hit a curb today in the snow and threw my alignment off so here it goes.. more problems! I am going to be selling this truck very soon as I need something more reliable. So if anyone is looking for a decent truck with LOTS of money invested and a rebuilt 4.0..lmk! :D

So the DW went away after fixing the LCA bushing. I still have a little shimmy but that has always been there even at stock height. I also centered the axle yesterday and my TB was about an 1/8" off from lining up with the axle mount. So I don't see why a longer TB is needed unless I plan on off roading.