European rear turn signal for Comanche

Hi,

Any one knows if the exists an European rear turn signal(amber) for Comanche? In order to circulate on an open road in Europe the vehicles need a amber turn light.Any idea were I can found it?.I thinking to import my Manche to Spain.

Thanks

Don't know if they changed the rules or just started enforcing them but when I was in Spain we could drive American autos without amber lights or any hassle. Might be worth the trouble to see if it might be possible to cut out the amber part from a XJ and fit it in.

In most all countries if you are military or work for the military and are assigned there, there is a Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA) in place to allow US vehicle registration no matter what the standard equipment on the vehicle is. The only exception I'm aware of is Japan.

I far as I know the Comanche was never exported officially to Europe( on the contrary to the Cherokee that was a huge success in that continent). Am I right?

I can't answer as to whether it was there officially, but several years ago a friend in Greece found an MJ abandoned on the street in Athens and salvaged a bunch of parts off it for his '84 XJ.

Ohh how I wish there was a factory european rear light option for my MJ, but there is not.

This is how its done in norway:

Old cars (pre 197something) can use whatever equipment they came with from factory, including red rear turn signals.

Cars after that date must have yellow turn signals to get a norwegian license plate. (might be an exception, at least it used too be, if you move in from another country and bring your car with you, but then is has to bee bone stock, and you have to prove it. Simple task when talking old jeeps..)

Tourist or people just passing trough with red turn signals can drive as they are.

What they do if there are no factory options on yellow turn signals is the dealer usually just rewire it and install some cheap turn lights somewhere else. I have seen some with "sticker" type LED turn signals just above or under the rear lights. Another solution is to put yellow bulbs in the backup lights and install and extra set of backuplights integrated in or under the bumper. Personally I removed all that crap and drive around with red turn signals. If its good enough for you its good enough for me! But if I was to do anything about it i would probably go for the last option above.

99% shure you can drive all over europe with your car as it is.

Edit: I now see you want to import it to spain. Then i suggest you contact some spanish authoritys and get everything right before you bring it over.

I wouldn't want to change the look of my Comanche adding a"no factory lights" :shake: You are right the best thing to do is to study the Spanish regulations about this issue.Maybe I find a "way" in it to export my Manche as it :idea: .Thanks for you comment.