wanting to know

goatroper57

hello all

here's what iam wanting to know i have a black with red interor 1986 jeep comanche 2.8 motor the motor saposadly was rebuilt so milage on it is unknown i bought it to put back together but after getting it i don't know if i want to sink that much money in to it i was goin to use it for a yard truck only so anyway i was wondweing if i could get more for it selling it as it is or parting it out its in ok shape i would say the motor, tranny and transfer case has been takin out to replace the clutch and thay broke the flywheel bolts off in the motor and as far as i know its missing the altnator and radiator and probbably some or maybe all the bolts so far that i can see i mite even swap it for a some kinda 4x4 to use in the woods wouldin need the title eather for it as long as it runs and drives

thanks all

If you've got most of the parts you shouldn't have to sink too much more into it. Alternators can be picked up at the P&P for $10. $25 for radiators.You can get all the nuts and bolts you need just walking around and picking them up off the ground, or go to the hardware store and get new. How rusty is the body? What are your mechanical skills? Why weren't the broken bolts removed when it was rebuilt? How bad do you want it? How hard to get a title? What did you get it for in the first place? I'll give you $300 for it sight unseen if your within 200 miles of Pueblo.

You can get all the nuts and bolts you need just walking around and picking them up off the ground, or go to the hardware store and get new. How rusty is the body? What are your mechanical skills? Why weren't the broken bolts removed when it was rebuilt? How bad do you want it? How hard to get a title? What did you get it for in the first place? I'll give you $300 for it sight unseen if your within 200 miles of Pueblo.

This should be your signature line Jim. :clapping: :rotf: :cheers: :yes:

well getting the parts near my house is just about out of the question as the junk yards around here don't keep cars and trucks much after 15 years i been told so ied be lookin at getting new parts more then likly the the driver side floor was fix but not right other then that body don't look bad as far as rust from what i see the moter was rebiult before the guy i got it from bought it he can file for a lost tile if he don't find it i got it for the front axle but then i found another axle for the same comanche my wife drives and i was goin to fix it and use it as a fire wood truck but i just don't want to spend any more money on it as far as $300 i can get that from the junk yard around here more then likly but i was thinkin it would worth more then that since ther arnt many left in the junk yards that arnt all ready striped to the bone

where exactly are you located? my old man would kill me if i picked up another MJ (or just another project in general without getting rid of one) but i might be interested in the motor. i have some sweet plans go to with that ole 2.8l comanche :banana:

:needpics:

just :hmm: if you had any... you could find a 3.4l engine from the jy and drop in it or get the bolts you need from them, there should be some Firebird's /Camaro's with these types of power plants in them just an :idea:

:needpics:

just :hmm: if you had any... you could find a 3.4l engine from the jy and drop in it or get the bolts you need from them, there should be some Firebird's /Camaro's with these types of power plants in them just an :idea:

I was thinking more along the lines of the 4.3 vortech but you were reading my mind. Too bad it's too far away from me...