Lift Options?

Lookin' to get a lift for my 89 mj. Nothing to high as it is my DD. I am running 31 bfg all terrains which rubs a little. Just lookin' for advice on what size lift I should use and what kind? Also, I am on a tight budget for this one. So a cheap yet reliable way is what I am looking for? Any advice is appreciated.

Just on the right front inner fender. It really isn't anything bad. If it was trimmed you would not be able to see it. Not familar with the term puck??? Sould I go with the lift of just stick with stock height?? Decisions decisions. Advice anyone?

:doh: Ah. i should have put 2 and 2 together. They are 'bout the size of hockey pucks :yes: . Are spacers dependable or will i end up spending more to fix something else :hmm: . bare with me as I have said before Ia m not a mechanic I just love these trucks and tinkering with them . :smart: That and I have learned that by picking other peoples brain you end up with pretty good ideas. :idea:

Are you SURE it's rubbing the inner fender, and not the lower control arm? Because if it's rubbing the lower control arm, not even a 4-inch lift will help. In fact, if it's rubbing the inner fender when turning a lift won't help anyway. A lift only helps if the top of the tire is hitting the flare or sheet metal.

Are you SURE it's rubbing the inner fender, and not the lower control arm? Because if it's rubbing the lower control arm, not even a 4-inch lift will help. In fact, if it's rubbing the inner fender when turning a lift won't help anyway. A lift only helps if the top of the tire is hitting the flare or sheet metal.

My bad! Didn't relize that I said inner fender. I actually ment the fender flair. Playing with a 4 yr. old and typing doesn't always turn out right. :rotf:

• 2 weeks later...

I think that I'm gonna go with the 2inch spacer for the front and the 1inch shackle for the rear. Both from Rockyroad Outfitters. I think that it will be around $120 for it all. Any opnions on this? This should level it out more, right? Will I need anything else other than this? See like I said, I just want a very economical lift basically for looks and an occasional trip offroad. Once again it is my DD so this has to be dependable. Any thoughts, concerns, or comments are appreciated?

sounds like a good plan to me. :thumbsup: don't forget that lifting the front end changes your toe-in.

Forgive me if it sounds dumb, but what exactly will I have to do to fix that? Is it just having it realigned?

:jump: i would get an alignment to correct it.

That's it? :bowdown: Thanks guys. It's like I said a million times on here. I am not in know way shape or form a mechanic. :wrench: Don't get me wrong I can change oil, brakes, and minor stuff like that, but when it comes to doin something that creates something else to do I am not very good at that, but learning :thumbsup:

Another question: Instead of the shackles for the rear and the 2inch spacers for the front. Would it make since to just do the 2inch spacers in the front and leave the rear or should I just do them both? Advice anyone.