I'm New!

Mitch

Hello guys and gals,

I bought a new toy on Monday!

1989 MJ - D30 front/D35 rear. 4.0L auto (floor not tree) w/144k miles.

The bad:

Needs some of front end work, tie rods and brakes all around.

The good:

Brand new Radiator and hoses

Brand new Water Pump

New Belt

Newer Cat

Brand new exhaust from the cat back.

Remote Start

Tool Box

It idles slightly rough, but never stalls or cuts out, and runs like a champ!

Also came with an indoor A/C window unit.

Paid $400. I am now the second owner, the original owner was a mechanic and I believe he took excellent care of the drive train.

mj20ui.jpg

mj33vk.jpg

mj0du.jpg

My plans are SOA and whatever I can do cheapest to get the front to match, and then I would like to run 34X10.50 swampers on it.

lol, hopefully my flex gets a little better than that. :chillin:

I am from Massachusetts, not origionally, but unfortunatly this is now home.

I am member of New England Jeepz, and own a TJ as well. Which may get sold or traded in on a DD.

They guy I bought it from was obviously a nascar fan, but I am not, so the stickers are coming off.

Here is my TJ.

2_07_12_06_2_44_03.jpg

2_07_12_06_3_11_37.jpg

Howdy neighbor!! :waving:

NICE Find!!! :hate banana:

Connecticut resident and member of Jonfund here!!

CW

.......and Howdy from your neighbor up here in New Hampshire. :cheers:

That is a find indeed. It has very little rust for a truck from this area.

BTW.... I feel the same about Nascar :D

Took all the nascar and veteran stickers off the back windows today, took off the nascar seat covers to reveal one mint bucket seat (passanger), and one beat bucket (drivers) so the nascar seat cover went back on over the drivers side, will have to look for a brown/maroon set cover eventually.

Also started scoping out the wheel wells and planning my cuts. And am making a parts list of things I need. I am not going to be working on it very much as its too cold outside, even in my barn. But when spring hits it will be "go-time!"

Interesting fact - the pin striping on my MJ has been free handed and signed on the back tailgate "D-Day". It is not a simple sticker.

I was going to comment on the pinstriping..you can tell it's freehand by the design on the tailgate and the B pillars. You might want to leave that intact if it doesn't bother you. Some talent was involved there, and I'm sure it took some time to do...definately a conversation piece if nothing else ;)

Jeff

I don't know if I am keeping the flares or not after I cut,... It is illegal in MA to not have your tires covered, but my veterans tags seem to keep me out of trouble and I am only going to drive it to and from the trail, then it goes back in the barn. Too early to tell what I am going to do with the flares.

As for the pin striping, if it bleeds through the spray-can-cammo I plan on painting it then they can stay. :) But I agree it took a ton of talent and a lot of time to do those lines!