1989 mj front end in a 1996 zj

:agree:

Sounds like he's trying to see how hard he can make a simple repair. Also don't 'ASSUME' what axle ratios are just by year and model. Out of 14 MJ and 11 XJ-ZJ in my yard. there is not one 3:07 ratio. they are all 3:54 or 3:73 with one 4:11.

The control arms , steering linkage , shocks , springs and a few other items match . As was said , not really worth the swap with their age , but , the MJ did use solid rubber bushings as oppose to the "hollowed" comfort version in the ZJ . If the ZJ's are shot , and you need a quick fix , they will work .

They are cheap and easy to replace . I use nothing but a hammer to change them in stock arms . Got a vid on jeepforum , same name except ZJ , not MJ , search my threads . Remove one arm at a time . 2 bushings are a PITA , those would be the 2 on the axle itself for the upper arms :eek:

The axle on the MJ will be a vacumn disconnect , non-vac-disco on the ZJ . Gears shouldn't match , but , look anyways , you never know what PO's or Jeep can do .

You could also run into some driveshaft issues . The 96 has a short pinion D30 vs the HP on the MJ . The driveshafts should be interchangable between the 2 .

Don't think you were after the axle swap anyways , just the parts