Project Silver and Black

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The MJ is coming along nicely.... I will attempt to do the front gears during this long weekend as well as finishing the half doors.

All that's left is installing the new 4WD shifter cable / brackets, front locker, and trimming the fenders.

I'll armor the undercarriage at a later time, after all, this vehicle will only be a weekend light trail warrior / my daily driver since the wife has claimed the XJ as hers. :rant:

nice :chillin:

can't wait to see them on the truck. not many people are willing to put in the time and effort (or money) for half doors but they are a step above tube doors IMO. more protection and still great visibility for wheelin'. i love mine for sure

nice :chillin:

can't wait to see them on the truck. not many people are willing to put in the time and effort (or money) for half doors but they are a step above tube doors IMO. more protection and still great visibility for wheelin'. i love mine for sure

i agree. half doors are the $#!&.

Just finished replacing the MJ's oil filter and valve cover seals. I've done it so many times that it literally took me about an hour and a half. :wrench: I also decided to change the oil, Mobil UNO and replace the oil drain plug while I was at it. If that takes care of the slow oil leak, then there is obviously no need for me to do the rear main seal. Now all that is left is replacing the rear axle seals tomorrow or Friday and the MJ is officially leak free. :nuts: