Part identify...ongoing thread?

the second one is your MAP sensor

IMHO The second one is the EGR solenoid, the MAP sensor is on the firewall, that's the fender.

The vac lines are hard plastic and kinda fragile...but you need those. Even if you could get past smogging it it'd make you truck run like crap...or super bad mileage.

Here's the vac lines from NAPA, start here:

The valve cover lines, front hose to the mess in your first pic. In the back is the CCV without the grommet.

Here's the old grommet:

...and the new one.

The front vac line

The rear vac line goes from here to the intake manifold

...here...

Line from FPR to manifold the left side inthe pic above

The big front line goes from the VC thru the plastic "loom" to the intake

The MAP sensor

hate to burst your bubble, but I make plenty of mistakes. :thumbsup: mostly due to my sometimes insane level of forgetfulness (from an illness). the secret to my success is that I try to search everything and confirm it before typing. clearly I didn't look that particular one up. lol. :D

hate to burst your bubble, but I make plenty of mistakes. :thumbsup: mostly due to my sometimes insane level of forgetfulness . :D

I bet I have forgotten more about Jeeps than any two people here. That's my problem. I've forgotten it. :fool:

• 4 weeks later...
hate to burst your bubble, but I make plenty of mistakes. :thumbsup: mostly due to my sometimes insane level of forgetfulness (from an illness). the secret to my success is that I try to search everything and confirm it before typing. clearly I didn't look that particular one up. lol. :D

:hijack:

Are you having tooth problems? Just found out recently my teeth (and my head injury from a '91 Civic falling on my head and popping my right eye out) were causing memory issues. It's only a week since I had just the lower teeth pulled (bacterial infection) and while I still don't feel 100%, I can definitely feel the fog has lifted.

I have been making LOTS of memory glitches over the past couple years and felt run down. Even my thyroid was affected.

:/hijack:

thank goodness, no. mine is related to a long bout with mono, which I guess is sorta related since it too is a tiny little thing that attacked my body and sucked my energy away. I do know what you mean by a "fog". spent a few years of my life in it. pretty deep in it too. don't ever want to go back. glad to know you're finally feeling free of it. :cheers: