identify part

I haven't done it but there's an adapter to allow standard thread filters instead of metric, which will give you more choice in filter size. Also, I think you can reposition the angle of the filter to suit the longer filters.

the oil filters have a rubber gasket, make sure the gasket from the old filter did not stick to the engine...

just make sure when you replace the filter that the rubber gasket comes off with it.

Have you ever made this mistake? It doesnt "leak," it gushes!

I remember doing this (forgetting to check the oil filter for the gasket) to my shop instructors car in 7th grade. Not a pretty sight.

One of those mistake you ONLY DO ONCE! :yes:

the oil filters have a rubber gasket, make sure the gasket from the old filter did not stick to the engine...

just make sure when you replace the filter that the rubber gasket comes off with it.

Have you ever made this mistake? It doesnt "leak," it gushes!

I remember doing this (forgetting to check the oil filter for the gasket) to my shop instructors car in 7th grade. Not a pretty sight.

One of those mistake you ONLY DO ONCE! :yes:

it never happened to me, but when my cousin changed the oil in his 94 explorer it happened over his nice clean drive way! Now i rub some oil on the gasket before i put the new one on and check to make sure the old gasket comes off.