89 Comanche 4x4 build - university budget

Truck is coming along so very nicely dude.. those coils look MUCH better with your lift than they did with mine lol. Very cool lookin truck

Sick camper too!

Thank you!! Haha yeah they looked kinda goofy in yours! Truck is almost level now after hauling around some junk! I just need a winch bumper like yours so I can throw my winch one! And lockers....

Did some fender trimming not much but pics soon,

And BEATNGU get going on that build thread! I wanna see pictures!!

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Truck is coming along so very nicely dude.. those coils look MUCH better with your lift than they did with mine lol. Very cool lookin truck

Sick camper too!

Thank you!! Haha yeah they looked kinda goofy in yours! Truck is almost level now after hauling around some junk! I just need a winch bumper like yours so I can throw my winch one! And lockers....

Did some fender trimming jot much nut pics soon,

And BEATNGU get going on that build thread! I wanna see pictures!!

I'm working on it, need to learn how to post pictures on here... ive got a few already..

tank drop is done for cherokee tank with sending unit on top ... got my lift in, just gotta start stripping cherokee and get everything ready

for the switch.....

make a photobucket account! upload photos and then put your curser above the tumbmnail and it will show something like this

[img ][/img ]

then paste it here and hit submit!

guess they didnt remove the flares when they painted the truck! :P

amd bumper on

really gotta get going on that winch bumper...

took a trip to stave lake and davis lake in bc.

it wass kinda a random trip and went alone (there were other truck there if i got stuck however) so i didnt bring my camera and they are all cell phone pics

next time ill bring my GO pro and make a video. some sweet trails in there. deeeeep water

got some in my distributer and had to clean it out a few times... had the tow truck called until i finally got it started after an hour. so cancelled him, but yeah

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

so with my tire size and my 4.5 inch lift i keep bending my fenders everywhere and ripping the flares off.. not really sure what to do. i want to trim them but the tires stick out to much and arent legal and i don't want to get a VI, any other ideas?

well i have a little rant for you all.

It started about a month ago when another comanche owner here on comanche club (timmmy) bought a hanson mj specific bumper for his truck.. I'm sure most of you have heard of hanson, as they are fairly well known.

well the first one arrived and he came on over and we tried to get this thing on. we managed to get all the bolts out without breaking any. so we tried to get the bumper on and it was a tight fit... and then none of the bolt holes lined up because the shackle hangers prevented the bumper from going on all the way... so he sent out an email saying whats up with this bumper we can't get it on without a lot of grinding and welding.

so they asked for pics which we sent and they replied saying they had sent another bumper...

okay fine

so meanwhile timmmy buys another comanche. a mint 1989 pioneer (white)

pull the bumper of that and the new hanson bumper arrives. so we decided to put the new hanson bumper on the newer comanche.

well it is a quarter inch too narrow. :fs1:

so we tried to widen it

worked some what

but we still had to use clamps and bottle jacks to get it on. which took an hour.

and when it was finally on two of the bolt holes didnt line up on each side :doh:

so at this point with about 6 hours in and two bumpers that should bolt right on for 550$ we had gotten no where. so ryan emailed hanson and said we will stop bugging you about these bumpers that don't fit if we can keep them both!

well they answered and said sure keep them both! :banana:

so we went back at and deicided to try the first bumper on the new comanche! well it fit on a lot easier. but still same problem with the bolts not lining up... at all.

so about three or four times of taking the thing on and drilling and filing the holes we FINALLY got it on. :nuts:

Because i helped him so much ryan GAVE me the other bumper FREEv :cheers: thank you very much :waving:

so i tried to put it on my comanche andddddddddddd

the damn thing is tooo narrow.

so ill have a go at it later and get it on eventually.

Not too happy with hanson though... :doh:

on another note got work done on the manche camper if anyones interested.

:headpop:

haha psh sway bars :roll: who needs em. havent had them in since the lift.... :rotfl2: its a little sketchy when youre on a side hill and leaning was the eff over :help:

and thanks joel123!

i had mine in the snow today and it did pretty well! you planning on doing the 4x4 swap?

I paid 250$ for my camper... was sitting in some old millwirghts front lawn so one day i asked him if i could buy it he said sure. i offered him 100 he said no so i said 200 he said 300 i said 250 and we agreeed. he said he bought it for like 8000 orr something back in the day..

they ar cragar rims, check summit racing.com 50 bones each :jump:

Trucks looking good dude! If you haven't solved your tires eating your fenders problem yet bolt a couple hockey pucks in the coils, they fit right in and there's already a hole on the bottom of the coil spring pad on the axle :thumbsup:

I also forgot to take better pics of the whole door removal but I'll PM you the writeup link I followed and I have saved on my laptop!