89 Comanche 4x4 build - university budget

Oh really i never heard that. I'm sure there will be a protest or something because everyone goes there to wheel! yeah that would be sweet.

Well if you need some help installing it let me know! i can also give you a sub box and you can buy a 100 dollar amp 50 dollar sub and 30 dollar wiring if you want, would sounds great. take a look on the good ol craisglist something always pops up, saw a 98 xj a while ago side swiped a tree and was 600 bucks! running too. to get the driveshaft lengthend will only be around $100.

i got some updates coming up

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive been busy driving around to school and finals and shopping so i havent got to much done

hit 260 the other day

although theres no where near that on the 98 engine.

mocked up the bumper

still need new mounts, decided I'm going to do it beefier and right.

my brother mocking up his 8.8. and now my 8.25 that is fully out now. gotta paint it and move shock mounts.

thanks TYLERJY for the upper and lower rubicon express control arms and 4.5" lift coils!! can't wait

gonna be sweet

I've got some questions for my SOA for anyone who can answer them.

1. My brother gave me his 8.25 out of his 98 Cherokee and I was wondering if it will bolt right up? I will change the shock mounts but do I need to change the pinion angle?

2. What should I do about the driveshaft?

Unfortunetely can't help on your tech questions. If you don't get a reply I would post them on MJ tech forum, might get more trafic. I put a deck in my truck the other day, install was really easy. Good to know it isn't to pricey to have the drive shaft lengthened. I'll keep looking for a wrecked Cherokee. If you ever come accross another deal like that let me know. Seems like there is more 4 liters out there than 2.5.

I'm jealous of the 4.5" lift your getting. That is what I want eventually. I just didn't have the stomach to put out that much cash so I went with a 2". Truck looks good. Can't wait to see some action shots once you get it together.

haha allright will do! i had a lot of deals fall through as well! but finally almost have all the parts. just need front shocks.

sadly work has stopped for a while because i had a little skiing accident and seperated my shoulder, so i can't lift my arm!

will work on it when i can

Been following your build, ive got a rust free 89 sport truck...short box...4x4...4.0 auto........

you should ( bob ) the bed and reduce your departure obstruction back there... lol

mine is a short bed and I'm gonna do it to mine, ive got my six inch lift on the way and a 99 cherokee classic as a donor for interior and newer front end swap... :clapping: , and 5 = 33x12.50-15 MTR's with micky thompson classic locks in a 15x10... :thumbsup:

and as for your extra two inches in the backend, don't forget your toolbox will be full of tools and extra parts and stuff, also youll need a spare tire, off road jack and tow chain or strap, cooler, and your old lady's ten ton purse :yes: ..... then measure and see how far it settles... :smart:

i had an 04 rubicon and after lift and everything when i mounted my fullsize spare it sagged in the arse area.... :doh:

but anyway your truck is coming along great, and ill be doing my build page here pretty soon.... :wrench: wrench-on man and keep the rubber side down...!!! comanche.gif

Been following your build, ive got a rust free 89 sport truck...short box...4x4...4.0 auto........

you should ( bob ) the bed and reduce your departure obstruction back there... lol

mine is a short bed and I'm gonna do it to mine, ive got my six inch lift on the way and a 99 cherokee classic as a donor for interior and newer front end swap... :clapping: , and 5 = 33x12.50-15 MTR's with micky thompson classic locks in a 15x10... :thumbsup:

and as for your extra two inches in the backend, don't forget your toolbox will be full of tools and extra parts and stuff, also youll need a spare tire, off road jack and tow chain or strap, cooler, and your old lady's ten ton purse :yes: ..... then measure and see how far it settles... :smart:

i had an 04 rubicon and after lift and everything when i mounted my fullsize spare it sagged in the arse area.... :doh:

but anyway your truck is coming along great, and ill be doing my build page here pretty soon.... :wrench: wrench-on man and keep the rubber side down...!!! comanche.gif

Thats awesome! get going on that build! :banana: can't wait to see it started

i want to bob the bed, i think it would be awesome, but i don't have the right welder to do so, and i just can't bring myself to chop up the truck yet...

i need to get a 2" spacer up front or something to bring me level at 6" but i need a lot of new front end parts haha and I'm low on cash :dunno: but yeah once i load up the rear it will sit more level! i have two spare 33's jamminz.gif

as of now I'm experiencing a lot of rubbing on the front :(

thanks for the comments much appreciated :D

comanche.gif

2wd can be pretty fun in the snow as well. Pretty much every vehicle I have ever owned has been 2wd and I have gotten pretty good at doing snow drifting. There are lots of neighborhoods by where I live that have long wide open corners perfect for screwing around on. Fun times.

2wd can be pretty fun in the snow as well. Pretty much every vehicle I have ever owned has been 2wd and I have gotten pretty good at doing snow drifting. There are lots of neighborhoods by where I live that have long wide open corners perfect for screwing around on. Fun times.

i never take it out of two wheel unless I'm really stuck :jump:

too bad its gone now it was fun!

the new 33's sure pick up the snow and fling it