89 Comanche 4x4 build - university budget

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice!!! Even nicer considering that you did it on a college budget. I wish that when I was in college I was as interested in these trucks as I am now. Back then (which was only 8 years ago. Just turned 30.) I was all about Mustangs. Granted they are fun too, but it's nothing like taking something offroad.

Nice!!! Even nicer considering that you did it on a college budget. I wish that when I was in college I was as interested in these trucks as I am now. Back then (which was only 8 years ago. Just turned 30.) I was all about Mustangs. Granted they are fun too, but it's nothing like taking something offroad.

Thanks! it took a lot of work but its so worth it! I'm kind of really broke now and need to stop spending money on it but theres soooo much more i want to do still to this truck! long arms... 6.5" lift springs and shackles... 97+ swap.... bushwackers.... paint.. oh man! haha. mustangs are fun i wouldnt mind having one but i think if i did id have wayyy to many speeding tickets :P

HAHA JUST GOT FINISHED HELPING MY COUSIN RESTORE HIS 71 MACH-1 MUSTANG....!!! :drool: ITS AWSOME....!

so basically it goes like this..... . . the first Jeep got stuck, and the second got stuck, which gotthe first unstuck, til the Toyota showed up, which then got stuck in the muddy rut but eventually pulled out the Jeeps. . .

i found this beautiful spot near home...

told my brother about it and said probably don't go in there...

well he made it through but when he was turning around he got sunk in a hole in his 98 xj lifed 4inch on 31's with a rear 8.8 and locker

so i went in to pull him out, and managed to do so while knocking down trees(avoiding the ruts)

yanked him out but then he got stuck again! then i got stuck....

so we called up our friend with a land cruiser and a 16 000 pound winch...

and after a lot of jacking the front of ourr jeeps up and placing wood under neath we managed to winch ourselves to a point where we could bomb back through the ruts!! took about 4 hours to do

ssucks that is was dark so these are the pics i got.

this was the spot i managed to work myself into after pulling out my brother.

after it rained

A working dash clock??? :hmm:

No way

WELL I GOT ONE OF THOSE..!?!?!?!? :hmm:

Very nice. don't see too many of them. I won't bother fixing it since the aftermarket radio has one.

I can make my radio have a clock too but I'd rather see the radio station. Everything on the insidenworks except the cigarette lighter with the phone charger in it, any ideas why? I did have to put new lights in the clock and the heater controls though

No way

Very nice. don't see too many of them. I won't bother fixing it since the aftermarket radio has one.

I can make my radio have a clock too but I'd rather see the radio station. Everything on the insidenworks except the cigarette lighter with the phone charger in it, any ideas why? I did have to put new lights in the clock and the heater controls though

Check the socket for rust.... mine did the same, some reason the lighter would work but nothing else....weird...!!!

No way

and check your junk yards for all cherokees, youll find all kinds of clocks... :thumbsup:

ill have to check and see if the lighter still works.. never thought of that. i was pulling fuses everywhere and checking but they were all fine

If you can't find one let me know and ill pick you up one some time and mail it to you.. and a lighter also if your wanting to stay all stock.....

and i just realized, i can get longer shackles and add taller springs in the front and have an 8" lift......Hmmmmm, might have some brand new OME springs and rear shackles for sale soon....!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: