WJ LCAs on MJs/XJs

So, I read on a thread recently [and now can't find it] that WJ [99-04 Grand Cherokee] lower control arms will work for a mild lift to keep the front axle where it is supposed to be instead of having it come back towards the cab.

After a little research, I found the WJ LCAs appear significantly different than MJ/XJ LCAs:

MJ/XJ:

Control-Arm-52001162.jpg

WJ:

control-arm-52088217AD.jpg

Which leads me to ask if anyone can confirm:

1: If this is indeed the correct part

2: What amount of lift the WJ LCA is good for to keep the axle centered [2"? 4"?]

3: If there are any fitment issues or anticipated complications during installation due to different designs

4: If the oval bushing will cause any performance or clearance issues of the control arm vs a round bushing

I know these are a lot of Q's, but money's tight for Jeep modifications these days! The WJ LCAs would be for a DD rig with light offroading, intended 3" front lift, and 30" tires. I am still in the parts collecting phase in preparation of the front lift.

WJ arms are the same length as MJ arms and should work up to 3" of lift.

to run them you just need to trim the steel bushings a bit and I trimmed the bracket on the axle a bit too to get maximum flex.

they provide much better on-road handling while still working very good offroad.

The biggest benefit is that the bend provides for tire clearance while turning. :thumbsup:

I used a chop saw with a metal blade for the bushings, and a sawzall for the axle brackets.

I don't like angle grinders because I'm more prone to "oops" with one.

And, the ride difference is definitely noticeable. I think this is a first rate mod.