2005 Wrangler Wheels

Anyone used the below 05 Wrangler wheels on their MJ? Specs are 15 x 8", 4.5" offset. Tires are Goodyear GSA 30x9.5x15. Should I anticipate any clearance and/or rubbing problems front or back? Have 2-1/2" lift. Thanks very much

Wheel.jpg

Anyone used the below 05 Wrangler wheels on their MJ? Specs are 15 x 8", 4.5" offset.

Correction: Wheels are stamped 25.4MM inside, which equates to 5.5" BS, not offset, I think. Pls. correct me if I'm wrong. Just curious if these will clear the LCAs up front.

Anyone used the below 05 Wrangler wheels on their MJ? Specs are 15 x 8", 4.5" offset.

Correction: Wheels are stamped 25.4MM inside, which equates to 5.5" BS, not offset, I think. Pls. correct me if I'm wrong. Just curious if these will clear the LCAs up front.

you could always run a liberty LCA IIRC, they curve inwards to clear the rims.

Except that at 15x8 they'll stick out a bit farther than stock MJ rims, which are 15x7. If you run larger than stock tires, this will more than likely result in the tires hitting the flares when the suspension compresses. With stock rims, even a 31x10.50 will tuck inside the fender when stuffed.

Thanks Eagle. Thinking that the new 5-leaf metric ton spring packs in the back and the OME lift coils up front (also have new OME shocks coming), the stiffer suspension w. less body roll will compensate for the (1"?) movement out toward the flares.

you could always run a liberty LCA IIRC, they curve inwards to clear the rims.

:D :D :D I think you mean WJ here, not Libby . Damn, you almost made the guy castrate his truck. :D :D :D

yea my bad, I thought about that when i posted, thats why i put IIRC,

DOH! IFS.

balls right down the tube. :D

my bad, musta been :chillin:

Got the wheels/tires and tried a test fit. No rubbing anywhere full turn, although they do stick out about an inch more as Eagle said they would. But no problem hitting the flares. However, there is a snag (isn't there always?). Up front the wheel hub dust cap sticks out about 1/4" too far so I can't get the centercaps on. So either I run w/o centercaps in the front, or remove the hub dust cap. I don't like either way, and am very open to suggestions. Thanks

Yes, 2WD. I have aftermarket dust caps on now, shortest I could find, and the wheel spindle butts right against the cap. I'm thinking of a couple of aftermarket steel spacer plates, maybe 1/4" or 5/8" thick might shim the wheel out enough to get the cap on. Realize it will give me less thread on the wheel studs, but still should be enough. Anyone used these?

I would suggest trying to find longer wheel studs if you are going to use a spacer. IIRC there isn't much stud left after installing those Al wheels as it is. Of course, you could just give those grease caps a little love tap with every Jeep owners favorite tool. :D

Anyone used the below 05 Wrangler wheels on their MJ? Specs are 15 x 8", 4.5" offset. Tires are Goodyear GSA 30x9.5x15. Should I anticipate any clearance and/or rubbing problems front or back? Have 2-1/2" lift. Thanks very much

Wheel.jpg

Found this truck on cardomain.

2525818_5_full.jpg

Hey, thanks John. No probs w. these wheels on the back looks like. Notice on the front there are no center caps. Probably 2WD like mine. I just shimmed one of the front wheels out a little over 1/4" with some washers as an experiment, and looks like that's all I will need to get the center cap on. Plenty of stud left too. I've had it for today though...............

• 8 months later...
Hey, thanks John. No probs w. these wheels on the back looks like. Notice on the front there are no center caps. Probably 2WD like mine. I just shimmed one of the front wheels out a little over 1/4" with some washers as an experiment, and looks like that's all I will need to get the center cap on. Plenty of stud left too. I've had it for today though...............

Old thread, but I have the same issue on my new 2wd 89. I'm trying to put my extra liberty rims on her and the factory dust caps stick out. Has anyone measured the dust cap? Are there shorter dust caps? I really hate to run spacers. The BFH won't fix it either.

Theses are the only pics I have. You can see where the dust cap sticks out where the wheel center cap goes.

Old thread, but I have the same issue on my new 2wd 89. I'm trying to put my extra liberty rims on her and the factory dust caps stick out. Has anyone measured the dust cap? Are there shorter dust caps? I really hate to run spacers. The BFH won't fix it either.

Theses are the only pics I have. You can see where the dust cap sticks out where the wheel center cap goes................

Yeah, I didn't want to use spacers either. And there is no shorter dust cap, I looked. The OEM cap nearly butts against the wheel bearing nut as is. I just stretched a fat o-ring over the cap, squirted a small dab of clear silicon inside the cap, and shoved it on. Crude, but it looks better than w/o the cap.

I run the ravines, just like hornbrod and I have the same problem with my 2wd. I opted to get some Dupilcolor wheel paint and paint the dust caps the same color of my wheels. From a far its really hard to tell that its not a center cap and up close nobody has ever noticed. I'll snap a pic.

edit- had this pic from right after I detailed her, she looks pretty and you can see the painted dust cap